7/20 Perry AMPS +5 96 | PMPS 136; delayed :20 320 | +3 391. No PJ party tonight, boing boing

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Perry & Jenn, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

Perry decided to break out the green swim trunks and lounge on the beach today with an AMPS +5 of 96. Eating at +7 brought him up to 171 at +8, and then he decided to eat a big snack and then go take a nap. Wasn't surprised he had a low PMPS, but I didn't think he'd be at 136 -- in the no-shoot zone for us! I ran out and left my husband to test in 20 minutes, and I think Perry was mad about the delay. Was he pissy enough to bring him up to 320 20 minutes later? I don't know. I'm not sure which numbers to trust here, but we went ahead and gave him his insulin at that point. Now I'm second-guessing it. Regardless, Perry's in for more tests tonight.

Meanwhile, we're having storms here, and civvie Chloe does NOT like it, so she's hiding out in the closet, poor girl.

2. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

Sometimes getting mad, stress, a big poop, can cause BG to ride temporarily. I'd get a +1 and +2 if you're concerned. But 136 is usually a safe number to shoot and eventually, with more practice, you'll learn to shoot lower and lower numbers.

3. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

Thanks, Crista. This is new territory for us. We're ready with our hypo kit, though, just in case.

4. J.J. and Phoebe Squeak

J.J. and Phoebe Squeak Well-Known Member

Phoebe Squeak and I are having a PJ party tonight. I hope you and Perry are not. Sending support your way.

Perry & Jenn likes this.
  5. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

Oh no! Vines vines vines

6. J.J. and Phoebe Squeak

J.J. and Phoebe Squeak Well-Known Member

Thanks! Just saw your +3. You can go to bed! :)
    I've got my emergency kit standing by and P.S. is already coming up a bit, so I think we'll be OK, but I'll stay up and test for at least another hour.

Perry & Jenn likes this.
  7. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

Well, Perry is bouncing along tonight! With his PM +3 at 391, I think we can sleep sound.

8. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

Glad to hear that PS is on her way back up! Hope you get some good sleep in once you know she's safe and sound.

9. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Such a nice nadir yesterday. I hope he comes on down and does it again today.

Perry & Jenn likes this.
  10. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

Not happening on this cycle, but maybe the next! He's going back and forth, which perhaps is to be expected at this stage of the game.

JeffJ likes this.