7-21-18 Jones AMPS 257, + 2.5 142,+3.5 112 Busy Weekend

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tracey&Jones (GA), Jul 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Vet Visit: The IM vet was actually kind of encouraging which was nice. Does not feel anything that suggests it has moved to SCL on physical exam (without a biopsy who knows for sure). He was not sure an ultrasound would be beneficial at this point either. Discussed the waxes and wanes of IBD. Jones has lost a total of 800 grams from his high in January of 5.1 kgs. He lose 400 grams by the time of his dental which with that broken tooth, it explained why he was not eating well. Since the dental he has lost another 400g in 6 weeks due to the IBD flare. He suggested upping the pred to 10 mg twice daily from the current 7.5mg. To hold for 2 weeks and hope the soft stool has resolved and his bowel movements continue to be normal. At that point we will drop back to 7.5mg for two weeks, then 5mg. We can then see if we can drop the metronidazole back. If that doesn't work, there are other medications he would like to add in. He also wants to add folate 1mg once daily to help with anemia. He was fine with all the other "supplements" I am giving and will be looking into the IBDKitty.net website as I referenced it.

Vets: So I now have our regular vet back from maternity and the IM vet. I need to decide which vet to take over as this boat only needs one captain. I am thinking of using our regular vet as it is easier to get in to see her and she is good. IM vet knows her and just said I need to make a decision.

IBD status: Jones had a solid poop (assumed as it fit his MO of not covering it) There was no soft stool in the LB clean up this morning but I haven't gone through the poop cam video to see if any is his. Will do that sometime tonight when I have a moment.

Food: He is eating ok. Yesterday was a lighter food day but it was hot, we had company coming and going and the vet visit. So I will give him yesterday. Today he is being picky again. I think the RC Recovery is on its way out, which if that means he feels better...I am with that. He is still fanatic for the renal 16%.

YA: My sister brought the bag of YA. I didn't even open the bag and all four cats were investigating the box. When I opened it...it was like sharks at my feet. I have been slowly giving them out as treats - especially with Jones. I maybe shouldn't of started this yet but it is amazing to watch him as I have crunched up some on his food and he will go immediately in to eat more food.

Bounces: This deep dives and high amps is all due to that 16% food I feel. I am going to take his current .5 dose and make it skinny...to see if I can slow the dive. I still have too much insulin for the carb intake. The faster I can get him off that the better but all things are going to be very slow.

Today: I have massage (deep tissue not the relaxing kind) and then I have to cover my sister's booth at the farmer's market. All company is gone, so it should be a quiet day for the kitties.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It sounds like the vetty visit went well overall. I hope the adjustment in meds helps Jones. Great that the YA is helping him eat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.