7/21 Floyd AMPS >600

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Janine & Floyd (GA), Jul 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Janine & Floyd (GA)

Janine & Floyd (GA) Member

Last condo

Yuck. I'm hating these numbers. But on the plus side, Floyd is feeling good, so there's that. He broke the 9# barrier, so his body condition is now what I would consider normal.

I need to talk about Floyd's favorite pastime: bouncing. You would think I'd have this down by now, but I still look at Floyd's SS and scratch my head.

The bounce is easy to recognize - a black after a green or blue mid-cycle. It's the break I seem to have trouble recognizing. How low does he have to go to be considered breaking the bounce? Yesterday, I thought he was, but he only went down to yellow, then right back up to black.

So this morning I saw black again and thought not enough juice. But in hindsight, now I see he's just in the 4th cycle of the bounce. So, I'm waiting to see if I increased at the wrong time and he'll go too low today.:blackeye:

2. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hey Janine , yes the break is a tough one to spot. Usually when they are bouncing the numbers bobble around, up and down, back up and back down, and back up again like Floyd is doing now. Giving 6 cycle to break the bounce helps to not increase the juice prematurely when they could be possibly breaking a bounce. But that said, his last green was marginally a green so he has some room for improvement overall with his numbers and you test often. Just stay vigilant like you always are.

Janine & Floyd (GA) likes this.
  3. Janine & Floyd (GA)

Janine & Floyd (GA) Member

Thanks, @Bobbie And Bubba! That's kind of the thought process I had with him, but then I always second guess myself. I keep forgetting the 6 cycle "rule" for bounce breaking since he was clearing them so quickly when he first started the cabergoline.

4. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

We all second guess ourselves..........lol, not without the help of our kitties but the bounce should subside any time now that you’re into the cycles

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.