7/21 Loudogg AMPS 77 +3 87 +5 67 +9 61 PMPS 81 +3 123 +6 83 +9 77

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amanda and a Loudogg, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

July 16, 2019 Condo - Vet visit with Bella

Good morning everyone!
    Lou is still on the 2.0u dose, but giving every indication that he may be earning himself a reduction any day now. He had gone 4.5 days with all green BGs. I'm annoyed with myself for breaking that streak by testing at +3 last night (BG 134) when I had seen him finish his preshot meal a half an hour before. Oh well. Can't really be too upset when he came down beautifully. He's never earned a reduction that way, but that isn't to say it isn't possible someday.

We still haven't started Bella on the Denamarin for her increased ALT value. My research indicates the best way to give her the med is to pill her. I can only imagine what a beast she'll be, so I've been putting it off like a weeny. That and the dosing an hour before feeding/BG check is throwing me off (always too early and too late when I think about it). I've gotten myself a 10mL syringe from work to give her some water afterwards. I can pick up some pill pockets, but I think I need to see how she does with the pilling first. I've told myself I'm absolutely going to do it tonight, no chickening out.

I hope you all are having a wonderful weekend so far. I went to my sister and brother-in-law's 10-year anniversary party yesterday, and it was an amazing feeling to get away from Lou for a few hours and not worry about how he's doing. It was pretty liberating, as silly as that may sound.

I hope you all have a fantastic Sunday and your kitties surf safely! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It's great to hear Lou is doing so well. You might want to make a note on the SS that Lou ate before that 134 test. Good luck with the pilling for Bella. If you're lucky she will like the pill pockets and eat them. Most of my cats won't eat them but they make the pill go down easier, especially if it's not coated. Furball will eat them so I tear off little pieces and give them to her as treats along with the pill covered piece.

3. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

I use pill pockets for Ti-Mousse and he thinks it's a treat.. hope Bella thinks the same!
    So nice numbers for Lou lately !

4. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

Glad you were able to go to the anniversary party... it's nice to get away for awhile :)

Lou's numbers are looking better and better :D

Hope you are enjoying your Sunday too!

AmandaE likes this.
  5. Amanda and a Loudogg

Oh my goodness you guys, I pilled Bella tonight and it was nearly a complete disaster. I got the pill in her (after she tongued it or cheeked it the first time, even with water), but I'm pretty sure I traumatized her. Although she's always desperate for attention, she doesn't do well in situations were she's being held or forced to do something. Unfortunately, she's been actively avoiding me since. She's never done that before in the 12 years I've had her, and I feel so guilty. I'm hoping it goes better tomorrow. If not, I'll try to get either a piller or pill pockets. Ugh. Again, I am SO thankful she wasn't the one who got diagnosed with diabetes, although I'm not sure if we'll still be friends after this medication experiment. :(

Sue and Luci likes this.
  6. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Awesome day for Lou today! Great numbers :D :cool:

Keep it up Lou!

Glad you had a really great weekend Amanda :joyful:

7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry the pilling didn't go better. One of my civvies Baby hates to be pilled and would always run from me after I gave her a pill. I've learned with her that if I don't let her run off right after I give her a pill, but start petting her and telling her good girl it helps calm her down. I also give her a treat after I have to pill her. She has allergies and has to get Zyrtec quite frequently.

8. Amanda and a Loudogg

I pet her and kissed her during the thing and directly afterwards, but perhaps I could do more to soothe her. I gave both kids bonito flakes as a treat that she ate, but afterwards, you could tell she was still avoiding me. She will come to you when you call, and you could tell she wanted to but she'd walk away if I reached for her. Thankfully she still came to sleep with me, so I'm glad she can't stay mad at me at least. Hopefully tonight will be smoother (less traumatic) overall from the start, so she won't be so angry afterwards.... the things we do for our furry loves. :rolleyes: :cat:

9. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Oh I'm so glad to see Lou is doing so well! And I totally understand about getting out of the house for a few hours to enjoy some other activity and not worrying about your furbaby...that is the hardest part of this FD...always rearranging everything to accommodate the demanding schedule and the ever watchfulness required...we all GET that! Sorry to hear about the pilling process...Luci wouldn't like that either...why can't they make liquids out of all those pills to add to food or squirt into their mouths...rather than those darn pills...or at the very least a suppository - even that might be better than trying to pill...best of luck to you on that process Amanda...

Hope you guys had a great weekend :)