7/21 Roxy

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by amelia0405, Jul 22, 2019.

1. amelia0405

amelia0405 New Member

Roxy has been managed on 2 units a day, previously on prescription wet food. She recently developed ibs and has become a picky eater, plus I joined this group and switched her so she has been eating FF

Pmps on alpha tracker 2 - 222
    + 4.5 -57 (low on tracker is 64) - gave more regular food with some crunchies
    +5 - 54 - gave more food
    + 5.3 - 76
    + 5.7 - 67 - gave high carb food - she ate a good amount and am going to test again.

She’s not having any symptoms

Any advice?

2. amelia0405

amelia0405 New Member

Also she is on lantus, no previous low blood sugar numbers. Has been diabetic almost a year, otj for about 3 months, relapsed with IBD

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Hello and welcome. Sorry for the short reply, but am exhausted from racing all weekend. First, please lower the dose to 1.75 units, 2 units is too much. Second, take a read of the yellow starred sticky notes in the top of this forum. The new to the group Sticky Note has a link to creating a spreadsheet, which is a vital tool we use to track blood sugars and help with dosing.

4. amelia0405

amelia0405 New Member

thank you! For future posts, do I then just link to the google Spreadsheet?

5. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

Hi Amelia :). Welcome! In the sticky that Wendy mentioned there is instruction but if you run into issues just post a new thread asking for help. I had to ask for help, so don't hesitate. People are very helpful. My boy has chronic pancreatitis & inflammation can increase blood glucose. IBD can do it as well. Hopefully once the inflammation is brought under control, the BG will come back down for you!