7/22 Luci AMPS 266 - POWER RESTORED 5 PM Today!! YEAHHHHH!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sue and Luci, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/7-21-luci-amps-260-pics.217108/#post-2410688

Day THREE NO POWER :( and DAY TWO NO Cable/Internet/Landline

All this stuff we pay for and none of it working for this amount of time is maddening.

Luci is also not cooperating with her dose increases...oh well par for the course.

Having a generator at least keeps me on this side of sanity - but DH says it's supposed to be for brief backups and not supposed to run around the clock for days on end...I don't like the sound of that - so at some point we're going to have to shut it off and give it a rest - then we will be sitting here in the dark. :(

Pity party for me...grrr... The one good thing today is that the skies are grey and it's so much cooler! Only 63 degrees today - never thought I'd be happy about saying grey skies are welcomed - but it's better than that searing heat of the last two days and the ensuing big storms that cause more power outages and delays the linemen from restoring the power. They say we were at 600,000 out of power, now down to only 250,000...and expectation is that our power will be restored by tomorrow - YES TOMORROW - by 11:30 p.m. -

Ok, we're totally spoiled and dependent... I would never have made a good pioneer... :(

Have a wonderful day everyone - appreciate the simple things today - like your TV's and your electricity. Special thoughts and prayers to @JoyBee&Ravan and @Bellasmom.

AmandaE likes this.
  2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Luci, you listen to me, work that juice!! Bring them numbers on down
    Praying for electricity and internet
    Heck we all need to vent sometimes and I’m glad it’s grey and gloomy and only 65

Sue and Luci likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope you get your power back on soon and Luci slides down today.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  4. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Come on down Luci! Softly and safely :)

Your power situation sounds so frustrating, I hope you get your power on schedule... or before!

Your generator sounds like the little engine that could :p

Sue and Luci likes this.
  5. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

It is so annoying when things are out of our control.
    When there is no electric and especially no tv, you realize how we take every day for granted.
    Hopefully everything will get back to normal for you and that Luci's numbers will start to come down soon.
    I hope your day gets better and colder :bighug:

Sue and Luci likes this.
  6. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Maybe a good book would help? :p

I only have an antenna. I get 2-3 channels (sometimes) I never turn the TV on during the day. It's only on from 7 to 10 pm,if there's something interesting to watch! I love to read.:)
    upload_2019-7-22_10-53-28.jpeg

Sue and Luci likes this.
  7. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

We saw a flurry of white trucks with buckets driving around the neighborhood; flashing yellow lights on top; orange cones in the back - oh boy, men and equipment! Power flicked on - generator flicked off - and viola the TV and internet magically restored as well!!! YEAH!!!!! You have no idea how grateful I am for the simple things in life - electricity - and cable TV - yep, I'll admit it... I'm spoiled by the magic of TV...have been all my life :)

Thank you all for listening to me whine about it and for your support!! Have a wonderful evening everyone!!!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
  8. Jerry dutchboy

Jerry dutchboy Well-Known Member

So happy for you. Yay.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  9. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

Glad all is restored. Just in time if you are a fan of the Bachelorette show :)

Sue and Luci likes this.