7/24 Boomer AMPS 281 +3 256 +6 212 +9 250 PMPS 337 +3 324, dental info from Dr Larry

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Judy and Boomer, Jul 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Yesterday
    Good morning!
    AMPS 281 shooting 1u

Boomer ate all of his overnight fuds. Allen ate ok last night but only ate about half of his turkey pate.

Several of you have suggested that I try to eliminate Boomer's +9 because you believed it was stopping the insulin from working but I didn't think Boomer would tolerate that very well. In conversation with Marje the other day, she suggested I replace the +9 meal with a bit of chicken. So we tried that yesterday and will continue. Boomer loves chicken pieces and surprisingly he doesn't seem bothered by the decrease in quantity. He did hang around his dish for a few minutes after his +9 I guess hoping more would magically appear but after a short period of time he gave up and showed no signs of hunger until his PS alarm rang; of course both boys recognize my alarms and know it's feeding time and all of a sudden they're starving:rolleyes:

Boomer's levels dropped quite a bit last night at +3 and are starting off a bit better today so hopefully the NDW is over and he will work this dose today for me.

Will need to talk to Dr Larry today to finish a conversation we started Saturday regarding Boomer's two problematic teeth and, apparently, several missing teeth.

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  2. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Good luck with new +9 chicky snack! Hope Boomer dips his toes in the water today :bighug:

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  3. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Boomer really works the dose today and comes down into the blues. :cat:

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Boomer heads down for you today. Nice things went well with the chicken snack.

5. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Why of course! Mine get food before my coffee is made or it's holy screaming!

Good luck with Dr. Larry today and hope the conversation results in a viable plan. Work the juice today Boomer, hear it's a nice day for the beach buddy.

6. Judy and Boomer

I'm usually having coffee around 7:00 and t/f/s is at 8:00. Boomer and Allen are fine until my t/f/s alarm goes at 7:55 then you'd think they were starving!

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  7. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Work the juice Boomer! Good luck with the new +9 snack and your conversation with Dr. Larry. :bighug:

8. Judy and Boomer

9. Judy and Boomer

Sent Dr Larry a txt message asking more about the missing teeth and told him I need more info about the dental he needs. I just got a response; he says he's been thinking about Boomer all weekend and has formulated a plan of action and will get back to me later this afternoon.

LizzieInTexas and Osha like this.
  10. Judy and Boomer

11. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

I'm liking the direction of that +6, AND that Dr Larry has a plan of action for Boomer. I hope it doesn't involve driving great distances!

12. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Yo Deputy Boomer, Please come back on duty soon!
    ~ LagoonMeister Rusty

Hi Judy, I sure hope that Boomer's numbers come down again soon.

13. Mandarin'sMom

Mandarin'sMom Well-Known Member

Boomer, what is up with those numbers? Did Walter and you talk and decide to drive your beans crazy for a bit?

Keep us posted on the vet's ideas. I have had several cats with resorptive lesions and they have always pulled the teeth, and, in some cases, had to go in and dig for the roots of teeth that had fallen out. I just scheduled Capone for another dental after he had several teeth extracted last year. Hi vet recommended to get him in for a cleaning at least once a year to keep an eye on his teeth.

14. Judy and Boomer

haha just wrote something similar in your condo :rolleyes:

15. Judy and Boomer

16. Mandarin'sMom

Mandarin'sMom Well-Known Member

LOL - Brilliant minds think alike! :smuggrin:

17. Judy and Boomer

Ok so I heard from Dr Larry.
    Boomer had an extraction during his first dental in 2015 (guess I forgot about it) but Dr Larry could not remove the root so that needs to be removed.
    There is a tooth root that is the remnant of a tooth that broke (not sure when this happened),
    There are some "ghost" roots for teeth that never developed properly.

I asked again if Dr Larry could do the procedure and here is his response "I hate disappointing. Especially a great client who's willing to do anything for her cat. But I don't feel like my skill set is up to this task." Ok I can live with that, it's better than finding out during/after the surgery that his skill set isn't up to the task.

The "gold standard" in feline dentistry is the Dr that he sent the X-rays to for an opinion. That would mean a 2 hour car trip there and back and possibly a night in a hotel (assuming we had to have him there early for the dental) with a cat that drops low when stressed. No thank you.

There are a couple of feline surgeons; one of which would do the surgery at Dr Larry's clinic and one whose own practice is nearby that he recommends and he's getting us timelines and estimates from them.

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  18. Judy and Boomer

PMPS 337 :arghh::arghh: shooting 1u

19. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Hope you can find someone close. How stressful. :bighug:

20. Judy and Boomer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.