7/25 Luci AMPS 253 Pics*

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sue and Luci, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/7-24-luci-amps-239-pics-65-at-5.217253/#post-2413600

Luci had a nice little surfing session in the lagoon yesterday - but then returned to that old raggy yellow spot in the trees...I do wish she'd get down from there - patience, patience...at least she's happy and more purry than I've ever known her to be in her life - something about all the attention she's getting I suppose. I whistle for her to come to the testing spot (on a towel on my counter) and she gets up there and then starts the big purring - she gets some loving and the warm rice sock massage and purrs through the entire test. I'm still amazed at how far she's come with that - I remember well the wrestling matches we used to have - she'd come because she knew she was going to get a treat - but it took two of us to hold her in place to do the ear poke...

I have a great deal of empathy for newbies starting out with that process. People here on FDMB told me it would get easier - I'd mutter to myself, 'you don't know Luci' - but they were right!

Special thoughts today to @JoyBee&Ravan and @Bellasmom - sending prayers and hugs to you both. :bighug::bighug:

Have a great day everyone - it won't happen again!:D

Here are a couple of pics of dahlias from our garden last year - the dahlias bloom toward the end of the season - around August/September. 0300007051006119904866011903739.JPG 0300007051006119905309011903981.JPG

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
  2. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

You do like those yellow PS numbers, don't you Luci? :rolleyes: How about surprising your mama tonight and giving her a blue?

Sue and Luci likes this.
  3. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Luci loves her yellow dress. Luci, the green looks much better on you and it’s clean and not a rag :eek:
    Those flowers are absolutely beautiful
    Wonder if they would grow down here?
    Have a great day

AmandaE likes this.
  4. Sue and Luci

I don't think so...I've never seen dahlias growing in Florida - have you? Possibly some of those little ones in pots? They seem to thrive with cool nights and warm days - around 50 or so at night and 70-80 daytime temps and they grow like mad - we're just starting to get the weather they like... :)

Dandelion and Bellasmom like this.
  5. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

To bad, they are just gorgeous.....jealous :rolleyes:

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice surfing yesterday. I hope Luci heads back down today. Beautiful flowers.

7. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Come on down Luci cat! Leo is waiting for you!
    Have a great day Sue! Beautiful Dahlias!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  8. Krystina & Nelli

Krystina & Nelli Well-Known Member

Sue, makes me so hApPy to hear :bighug:. The 1.25U looks like this might be the start to Lucy getting regulated :cat:... You e got to be happy :bighug:
    I hope Lucy has another good day :cool:... :D
    Peace.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  9. Krystina & Nelli

Krystina & Nelli Well-Known Member

YES!
    Many years ago, I won a bag of dahlias... n Seattle :rolleyes:. The grower told me they would grow and could thrive :) in Florida, and so they did! I love Dahlias- might grow them again this year :).
    Thanks for all the great pics of your property yesterday:bighug:

AmandaE and Sue and Luci like this.
  10. Dandelion

Dandelion Member

Hmmm you and I both mention the need for patience this morning. Lets go Luci and give a shout out to Butternut when you get to the lagoon. He needs to find it too!

11. Dandelion

Dandelion Member

Oooo nights in the 50's! Now we're talkin'. We were in the low 50s last night and I so loved it.

12. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

This is so true! The same with Ti-Mousse, hiding, chasing and fighting... Now when I call him, he lies down on the door mat and waits for testing to be done! BTW he chose the doormat as his testing spot !:p
    Nice green surfing yesterday for Luci! Hope for another one today!
    Flowers are beautiful....

13. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

As a newbie, that is all encouraging to hear. Thanks, Sue. <3

Sue and Luci likes this.
  14. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

Those flowers are gorgeous,they look fake!
    Nice greens yesterday for Luci. That has to make you feel better seeing the greens, hopefully there is much more safe green numbers to come for her. Keep up the good work Luci, you are doing great :D

Sue and Luci likes this.
  15. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Nice Yellow start for Luci... I have a feeling she's just wearing that dress on her way to the lagoon!

I LOVE the dahlias! I planted some for the first time this year and they seem like they're just about to flower! It will be a surprise what color they are so I am really looking forward to them :D

Krystina & Nelli likes this.
  16. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

What an upside!

Roo is wearing his yellow today too, hopefully they can both get their bathing suits on and go for a dip!:cool:

17. Sue and Luci

Fake would have been so much easier to care for! :facepalm: They're a ton of work...not easy like hydrangeas - you have to stake them, tie them constantly, feed, remove spent blooms and then dig them out in the fall and store them away - that's a trick in itself... Not for the faint of heart, that's for sure :)

We love them though - and since it's one of the few things the deer won't eat - maybe they taste bad? We've replaced all our rose bushes with dahlias...you know how finicky roses are? Lots of work too...and the deer would mow them down...too upsetting after all our hard work to see that...

18. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Those flowers are beautiful. And Luci, what can I say.....