7/25 Lucy PMPS=182;+2=158

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by mariko, Jul 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mariko

mariko Well-Known Member

Good morning,

Yesterday's condo

Yesterday
    AMPS=239 (skip - U/S)
    PMPS=272 (0.5u); +2.5=301; +6=301

Today
    AMPS=196 (0.5u); +2=191; +6.5=212
    PMPS=182 (0.5u); +2=158

Thank you everyone who left such loving kind words in Lucy's yesterday's condo.
    Thank you so very much.

Lucy is purry this morning. :smile:
    And she ate 1/2 of her breakfast with Cypro on board.
    Such a good girl.

I'm going to spend just a couple of hours or so at the office each day, and do the rest from home.
    And I will enjoy our time together especially when she's feeling better, and use the time she wants to be left alone to catch up with the work.

Her legs are getting weaker, so I really don't know how fast the cancer will take her.
    She's still making it to the water bowl and LB.
    cat_pet_icon cat_pet_icon

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Re: 7/25 Lucy AMPS=196

It's wonderful that you can work from home. Enjoy this special time.

3. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Wonderful to hear Lucy is purry this morning, and that she ate well, too. Enjoy your afternoon with your beautiful girl!!

4. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Big hugs for you and Lucy, Mariko. Enjoy your time together. It's bittersweet, this time. We feel it too.
    Liz

5. donaleen and Ozy

donaleen and Ozy Well-Known Member

Re: 7/25 Lucy AMPS=196;+2=191

thinking of you...

6. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

(((Mariko and Lucy))) I am so glad to hear you can work from home and spend that quality time with Lucy! No one can predict the future but you can concentrate on staying in the moment and enjoying every last waking second of your time with your beautiful girl now! Continued prayers and hugs!

7. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

So well put, Ruth. Continued prayers, Mariko.

8. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

I also think Ruth's words were very spot on and so true. I'm glad you have the flexibility to be at home with her.

Sending many prayers for peace, comfort, no pain.

9. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Mariko, I too, am glad you're able to work from home, and spend more time with Lucy.
    I bet she thinks she hit the jackpot now. :D
    Sending lots of feel good vines to sweet Lucy.

10. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Yay for a purry kitty this morning. I'm also glad you can work from home to be with her. Make the most of each day and treasure however much time you have with Lucy. :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

11. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

♥ :YMHUG: ♥ :YMHUG: ♥
    Keeping the two of you in my thoughts.

12. mariko

mariko Well-Known Member

Lucy was purry most of the afternoon.
    Her favorite spot now is the ottoman, and she doesn't lie down on the sofa anymore like she used to all the time, so it's a bit difficult to cuddle.
    I miss sitting next to her and cuddling, but I think the cushion of the sofa makes it harder for her to balance now that her legs are weak.
    But I sat on the floor by the ottoman, and petted her and she purred some nice proper purr.
    She doesn't seem to feel too good in the evening after dinner usually, so now she seems a bit tired.

She was happy to get some treats this afternoon too.
    I am giving her some small pieces of raw food she loves so much.
    I don't give her a lot because I don't want to upset her tummy more that it already is, but she enjoyed them.
    Also she ate 3/4 of dinner this evening, so she did good.

Despite the purr and decent appy, her legs are giving up fast.
    She couldn't get up from the ottoman this evening, and I was so scared.
    I had to pick her up and put her on the floor, and then she started walking towards the LB by herself, but was very wobbly and had to take a break.
    And it's harder for her to get in/out of the LB because of the side walls.
    I put an extra water bowl and an extra LB in the living room near the ottoman, but it was heart-breaking to she her like that.
    The extra LB I put in the living room is the one she used to use when she was young, so it's a bit small, but the sides are lower, so hopefully it's easier for her.
    Once she started moving, she was able to come back and position herself on the ottoman again using the pet steps.

I thought I was going to give fluids only on an every-other-day schedule as she has fluid build-up in her abdomen.
    She got fluids last night, but I may do it again tonight.
    Maybe she is dehydrated and that may be making her extra wobbly.
    And her eyes look a little sunken today. I think fluids might make her feel better.

13. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

{{{Mariko}}}

It is so hard to see a beloved pet declining, and you can't help but feel fear clutch your heart at every little bobble. Try not to concentrate too much on the problems she has, and celebrate the victories - she got back on the ottoman! She ate well. She's purring. So much to be grateful for. These are the things you want to keep in mind and in your heart. Lucy will feel your stress, so try to keep calm and send her only positive, happy vibes.

I'm so glad your schedule allows you to work from home part of the time. This is time to treasure, as others have said.

Sending you many hugs and comfort and pain free vines for Lucy. I hope you feel the collective love and support coming to you and Lucy from all of LL. :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

14. MrZ

MrZ Well-Known Member

Oh Mariko, I'm so glad you're able to be home with Lucy. I'm sure being able to be home and so attentive to Lucy's needs right now (and as always) will be comforting for you. You're are such an awesome mommabean. I wish you peace.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.