7/25 Uncle AMPS 131, +2 156 +5.5 154, PMPS 186

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Barbara & Uncle (GA), Jul 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barbara & Uncle (GA)

Barbara & Uncle (GA) Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...ps-101-2-81-4-5-70-pmps-82-1-109-3-91.179775/

We're back after a long break. Unfortunately I became very ill after getting bit by a spider. I have had some neurological problems from the medications I was prescribed and am clawing my way back to normal life. One of my goals was to get back here before an entire month passed. Today is that day and interesting timing as well for Uncle and I.
    Last night Uncle dropped to 37 and thankfully @Gill & George @Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey @Chris & China & @Gussie's mom and @Wendy&Neko all stewarded us through low numbers in the past, staying up with me in the middle of the night and once through Thanksgiving dinner helping me to navigate a situations like this. I had all my supplies and most of my wits about me and we got through last night just fine.
    Since I've been sick I am having a lot of trouble waking up at night to test. It was never a problem before but my body is depleted and my thinking a bit scattered. I hung on to Uncle's doses longer than I normally would given we were/are following TR.
    He was all the way up to .75 until this morning, of course I reduced to .50
    I am going to bring him in to the vet for a check-up because he has been eating cat litter. This is a new behavior and I want to know if there are underlying reasons or health issues causing it.
    I'm looking forward to getting caught up with everyone and the kitties but I will be taking it a little slow.
    I really missed the camaraderie :bighug:

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Barbara!! I've been wondering where you were and hoping you and Uncle were OK!!

Sounds like Uncle has been doing better than you have....stay away from those spiders....they are bad news!!

Hope Uncle works his reducie and gets back to some pretty (but safe) greens!!

That's our goal for everyone....to give them the tools and education so that they can make good decisions on their own! You were an excellent student!!

Barbara & Uncle (GA) likes this.
  3. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Hi Barbara,
    OMG on the spider, I hope you continue to improve, I can imagine that an experience like that could leave you very depleted.:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Congrats to uncle on the reducie. Nice to see that he's gone all blue now.

What sort of cat litter are you using? have you changed it recently? We've had other cats who munch on kitty litter, hopefully there's no underlying issue.

Work da reducie Uncle.:cat::cat::cat:

4. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Hi Barbara!

I'm sorry to hear about your spider bite and illness. That sounds scary. Glad you are recovering.

I'm so glad our guidance stuck with you and helped when you needed it. As Chris said, that is our goal - to give you the tools to help your kitty! :) Thanks for the shout out. It's nice to be appreciated.

Are you using a clumping litter? If so, I'd switch to a non-clumping until the habit is eliminated. Clumping litter can cause blockages that can be very serious. I hope you find a solution soon and Uncle is okay.

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It's good to see a post from you. I've been thinking about you and Uncle. Sorry about the spider bite. I hope you continue to improve. I'm glad you were able to take care of Uncle with that 37. Congrats on the reducie. I hope you can figure out why Uncle is eating litter and it's nothing serious. Sending prayers.

6. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

7. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Hi Barbara, so nice to have you back on the forum! I have been wondering what happened to you and Uncle. So sorry about the spider bite making you so sick! They can be really nasty, I know. And issues with the meds, on top of it all...I'm glad you are doing better now. Prayers that you keep improving steadily!

Good job, dealing with that 37! You had some great teachers. Hope Uncle eating litter is just a passing thing and the vet can sort it out. Please keep us posted!

Try to take it easy and stay rested. Uncle, no more low numbers, Mama needs to take it easy!
    :bighug::bighug::bighug: :cat: :cat: :cat: :bighug::bighug::bighug:

8. Barbara & Uncle (GA)

Barbara & Uncle (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Gill the litter brand is "Integrity" and it is a clumping clay type. I've been using it all along so I think this must be some kind of nutritional imbalance or anaemia (I hope not!)
    Hi Lizzie, that's a great idea!
    Yes, I read about that possibility and am going to pick some non-clumping up today.
    Hi Carla, thanks for your unwavering support and being such a mentor to me! I hope you and Furball are doing well
    THANK YOU! Feeling less "out of it" every day.
    It was good to know I could handle a hypo number by myself if need be. I hope I never have to again though. Looking back, I should have tested Uncle at +2 (which is what I usually do) not +2.5. I think even that half hour might have caught him before he dropped that low.

Squalliesmom likes this.
  9. Gussie's mom (GA)

Gussie's mom (GA) Well-Known Member

Hats off! Well done! Give that rascal Uncle a big scritch for Gussie and I! 37, sheesh a bit dramatic there guy! Sharks are best viewed from a wee bit more distance, no need to count their teeth!
    Big hugs to you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.