7/26 Maggie AMPS 243; +3 103; +4 92; +9 163; PMPS 170

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ann & Maggie11 (GA), Jul 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Maggie 7/25

Morning :coffee: a little high again for Mags. I awoke to find her asleep next to me all night. All she had to eat overnight was some Wellness. I may have had a little RC mixed in, not sure. She's not eating the dry, and I may just return it for a credit. I just noticed little kibbles in various places, so I think she was having a difficult time chewing with so few teeth. No prezzies but after yesterdays loose deposit, it may be a holiday. Appy seems okay but mostly sucking the juices and leaving some bulk.

It should be a nice day here. I have Bean errands and always on the lookout for Mags shopping. May need to make a trip to PetPeople for the Evo. I hate to order a whole case. Elsa, can't wait to see what's brewing for today and pizzas, too, from Bug and Lola.

Thanks for the visits last evening I missed. Marje, wow, on the Tumil-K and the checks on the levels, thanks, as I did not know they should be checked that often. Anne, thanks on the Poo Patrol. Mags like to see how Zener does on his yard patrol, too. :lol: Mariko, hope you don't need any shoulder surgery.[youtube][/youtube]

2. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 7/26 Maggie AMPS 243

Morning Ann :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Sunny yellow for Maggie. Off the the blue grotto in a few? No diving now....

How nice to find Maggie asleep in the bed. Cuddle time! Elsa is the only one here that will do that. sure is nice, isn't it?

good luck with the fuds. I so hear you on a case buying. By the time I did that then they decided they didn't like it any more. :roll: Nice that she likes the Evo. Mannie did too.

on the Tumil-K: you will need to check her levels. This is from my IM vet: the effects of Tumil-K on the levels of potassium in the system can be seen within 2/3-5 days after starting the meds, depending on how a kitty responds to the meds. Most results are seen within three days. She had me bring Mannie in weekly to see how his levels were. With him, it took a good two weeks to see significant improvement. Granted we were also dealing with other issues too, which could be why it was 2 weeks for him to achieve a normal range. You definitely do not want the levels too high as that can cause problems. Wishing Maggie luck!

Poo vines Maggie? I will send them anyways.

Have a great day Ann. :D

Auntie Ann - i gots you covered! and your neighbors. Lola and bug will send them a pizza. SWEET, huh! ~~ Elsa, Lil BIT, kitteh barista

3. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi, Ann, how sweet for Mags to sleep close to you last night cat_pet_icon

Good luck with monitoring her potassium levels ~ I hope you see a difference with the Tumil-K :D

Enjoy your day today!

4. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

How sweet that Mags stayed close to her MamaBean all night. Maybe she's so sunny because it's finally time to replace that vial?? I didn't know that about the potassium either....good knowledge to have in case we ever need it.

Have a great day, Ann!

5. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 7/26 Maggie AMPS 243; +3 103

Good Morning, Ann & Maggie,
    I missed your condo yesterday. I hope that the "wobblies" are gone today and that Maggie will be feeling good. Good luck with the potassium meds. I know what you mean about buying a case and then the food is no longer a favorite. Stu liked EVO, but Rusty never took to it. I hope Maggie will decide which foods she likes so that you don't have to keep running to the store!

Have a fine day today and a good weekend. Maggie, it looks like you're about to dip your paws into the lagoon. Good girl!

Hugs and scritches,

Ella & Rusty

6. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

+3 103
    Nice drop and I didn't give her fluids before the poke. I just took a short walk to the recycling bin, and nice temps, 65 so far.

Hi Michelle, thanks on the info for the potassium. I'll place a call to the Vet who prescribed it. She will probably call and want a report on Mags. I did not realize that, so thank goodness for all the knowledgeable Beans here that catch things. Yes, on the online ordering by the case, I sometimes end up giving away a lot of food Mags won't eat. We have a Rec Room here where I can place food on a giveaway counter, and lots here who have pets can use it. Many thanks for the poo vines. Elsa, thanks on the coffee.

Josie, it is nice to have mags sleeping next to me at night, this happens just lately. She used to love the living room and watching out the patio, but I guess nothing interesting out there to watch.

Amy, I thought it was my vial, too, that needed replaced. I hope I can hold out until the end of the month for it unless VPI comes thru early with some reimbursements for claims.

Thanks Ella, just saw your post. Yes, the wobblies are much better. Maybe it was just laying around most of the day. She seemed much better yesterday. I must try and get her to exercise.

7. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

It looks like that vial still has some energy left in it!

8. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Re: 7/26 Maggie AMPS 243; +3 103; +4 92

+4 92
    Mags made a short trip to the Green Lagoon.

Amy, I think so, too, on the vial. I'll hang onto it until end of month. It's six months +2 weeks old!

Ella, I'm not sure if the wobbly could be partly her end of spine pain, too, affecting her legs. After I give her something for pain, it seems better. I'm thinking about Barb's Checkers, too, and will ask Barb about it.

9. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Detective Poo, checking on the Mags. Looks like a few poo vines wouldn't hurt. Nice visit to the lagoon! Yep that jooce still has some kick to it. Anne noted that our vial is 2.5 months old and should we toss it and I said Maggie is on 6 months, I think it's ok. Have a great day, Ann!
    Liz

10. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

HI Ann.....I'm glad that jooce vial is still good, and you can make it to the end of the month.
    Woopee on Miss Mags, dipping into the lagoon :mrgreen:

Hope you're having a nice shopping day, and it isn't getting too hot. :D

11. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

I love seeing Maggie's daily dip in the Lagoon! Interesting on the Tumil K, let us know what the vet says. I would have thought they would have made a followup appt right away.

12. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

Nice green Maggie. She deserves a prezzie holiday today, but tomorrow, back to business! I hope you got your errands run. Have a great day Ann!

13. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Re: 7/26 Maggie AMPS 243; +3 103; +4 92; +9 163

+9 163
    Mags left the Green Lagoon. She did make a dent in some food I left her which is good. I found some Evo at a PetPeople store. :D Unfortunately the PetPeople stores have been sold to Petco. Maybe that's a good thing as they never seemed too busy, but the sales person informed me they would not be carrying Evo. She wasn't sure of the reason. It's available online. There are a couple of oher smaller pet stores that may carry it, but a distance from me.

Thanks Liz and Detective Poo for the visit and poo vines, always needed. Yes, definitely hang onto the vial a little longer.

Ann, nice she still does have drops to green. I haven't increased the dose, as I'm unsure what she'll do each day and what foods she will eat. :?

Melissa, yes back to prezzie business tomorrow for Mags, paws crossed.

Barb, I think I'm stretching the jooce vial a bit. :lol: She's still seeing green though.

14. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 7/26 Maggie AMPS 243; +3 103; +4 92; +9 163

That's nice on Maggie sleeping beside you last night. It's good to see her dip into the lagoon today.

15. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

So glad to see Maggie's wobbles are better. Must be the tai cheese training! ;-)

Sending perpetual poo vines for plentiful, perfect poo.

Attached Files:

16. mariko

mariko Well-Known Member

Hi Ann,
    I am very glad Maggie's wobbliness is better!!!
    And I'm also glad her appetite is good.
    Now we need poo.
    Sending poo nicely shaped poo vines!!!

17. mtncat58

mtncat58 Well-Known Member

Sending very big stinky poo vines to you, worked for Jane and Cleo last night :lol:
    Glad all else looks good Ann

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.