7/27 Mandarin AMPS 191, +3 297, +9 168

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mandarin'sMom, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Mandarin'sMom

Mandarin'sMom Well-Known Member

Yesterday's condo

As if Mandarin's shark hunt wasn't enough yesterday, I spent the day dealing with yet another medical issue. My dog Jersey has had a small cyst on her tail for years and it burst open today. And as if that wasn't bad enough already, Jersey would not stop obsessing over it. Turns out that a normal-sized e-collar doesn't prevent her from getting to her tail, so I had to pack her up and go get a different e-collar. Of course my vet is closed and the Animal Emergency Clinic said that they had at least a 4-hour wait for something that wasn't a true emergency, so we are trying to wait until Monday to see her regular vet. A friend helped me shave the area, we disinfected the wound and put some Gentamicin spray on there. I'm sure that she will need oral antibiotics though.

Meanwhile, I thought Mandarin would bounce to the moon today. When I saw his +3, I figured I would be safe not testing him for a few hours, but I guess he is back in action already. I still can't believe that he dropped so low yesterday and still didn't show any symptoms of a hypo. He was extra hungry... but, then again, he has always been a good eater, so I wouldn't even call that a symptom of anything. Just glad that I was home and caught it - this could have definitely ended very differently. Just a good reminder that even after 5 years, you should never get complacent.

2. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Oh Mandarin, you must stay far away from those toofy creatures!

3. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

I saw the pic of Jersey, Christina. Very dignified.
    At least Mandarin didn't go lime green on you - it is a very good lesson - I sometimes am complacent
    Hope Mandarin settles down a bit - enjoy the weather

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers for Jersey.