GA 7/31/15 Keiko my cat friend

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by KeikosHuman, Jul 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KeikosHuman

KeikosHuman Member

Keiko died on the way to the vet. He seemed to be feeling much better this morning, he ate some too, but he began to have labored breathing and BG checks showed he was dropping too fast. He had a vet appointment but we took him in emergently early because his BG was falling.
    He declined within 20 minutes from the time I took his BG to getting him to the car and driving to the vet. It seemed we had time since the vet is only 1/2 mile away.

I will miss my Maine Coon friend, Keiko.

He is at peace now and I am grateful for this as he was struggling the last few weeks and months. I can't write any more right now. I'd like to share some photos but I could not get them from my laptop to the site.

Thank you everyone for your help, advice, support, it meant a great deal on this tough journey with an acro cat.

2. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry...Keiko will always be part of you, and part of your heart. Our thoughts and prayers are with you....

3. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear the news that Keiko has left you! It's such a shock when they fail that quickly.

Fly free sweet Keiko and land softly...there are many at the Bridge to welcome you and keep you company until the one you love most comes to be with you forever cat_wings>o

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry. Sending prayers. Fly free Keiko.

5. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh.... I'm so sorry. I sure know how you feel.
    to load pics you need to use a site like photobucket.... it has direct links where you can put them in the image box.
    Keiko is no longer in pain and will play and be happy.
    Shadow will be there to greet him on the other side of the bridge.
    Fly Free Keiko.
    [​IMG]

6. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

We are so very sorry to read of Keiko's passing. We know he appreciated everything you did to give him the best quality of life until it was his time to cross the bridge. We send you lots of hugs as you grief your beloved Keiko.

rainbow bridge cats.jpg
    Zener will be waiting to greet Keiko and show him all around.

7. Peg and Toby

Peg and Toby Well-Known Member

So Sorry that another beloved kitty has passed. It's like losing your best friend. Sending hugs and prayers to you.

8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

(((Maria))) I am so sorry it was Keiko's time to go. He was a lucky kitty to have such a loving caregiver. Your heart must be breaking, we grow so close to our sugar kitties. :bighug::bighug:
    Fly free Keiko, send your momma message when you get to the Bridge. cat_wings>o

I would love to see some pictures of your friend Keiko. There is an alternate way to share pictures - at the bottom right of each post is a Upload a File button. Select it and you can upload pictures from your computer's file system.

9. elizabeth and gus

elizabeth and gus Well-Known Member

I am so sorry. Sending prayers and hugs. Keiko is now pain free and happy with lots of friends to great him over the rainbow.

10. KeikosHuman

KeikosHuman Member

KeikoinBettertimes.JPG
    KeikoinBettertimeswithcatbuddy.jpg Keiko July 2011.JPG
    The top photo was Keiko with a haircut before diagnosis. The next photo is Keiko with a little mischief in his eyes and no haircut. The bottom photo is Keiko 4 years ago. It has been months since he really enjoyed his cat life. I know he is at peace.

Thank you so much for your support. You are blessings to me!
    Maria

11. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear your sad news, sending deepest sympathy and prayers for your loss.

12. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

((((Maria))))

I'm so sorry for your loss. Our hearts go with you and with Keiko on his crossing.

Fly free little one and land softly. There are many who are dear to us waiting for you at the Bridge. They will be your companions until you are reunited with the one you love best.

13. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of Keiko.:bighug::bighug::bighug:
    It is such a hard time to bear.
    The photos are just beautiful.. What a gorgeous kitty

14. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

We're so sorry to hear of Keiko's passing. You cared for him so well and he knew your love. He is at peace now, I hope Keiko sends you a sign to soothe your heart.
    [​IMG]

15. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Requiem aeternum, Keiko.

{{hugs}}

16. Laura&Chichi (GA)

Laura&Chichi (GA) Well-Known Member

Im so sorry for your loss.cat_wings>o.what nice photos of beautiful Keiko.

17. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. He was beautiful.

18. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry. Such a beautiful kitty.

Light for your comfort; safe passage, Keiko.

burning-candle-hi.png

Marilyn and Polly

19. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Fly free, handsome Keiko, on your beautiful new golden wings! You are much loved.

Maria, I know how much you miss your kitty friend. Look to the heavens tonight. Our GAs will be preparing a welcome dinner at the Bridge, and the full moon will guide Keiko on his way. :rb_icon:

In deepest sympathy,
    Ella & Edward, Rusty, and Stu(GA)

20. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

{{{Maria}}}

I am deeply sorry to learn of Keiko's crossing. What a handsome boy he was, and what a magnificent tail! I know you did everything you could for him, and he did, too. Sometimes they are just ready to go.

Fly free, sweet Keiko, and land softly. :rb_icon:

21. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

Such a beautiful boy with those little fur tipped ears and shaggy little feets. I'm so sorry that it was his time.
    RIP Keiko :rb_icon:

22. Voula

Voula Well-Known Member

My deepest condolences to you Maria on the loss of your beloved Keiko.

23. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

((((Maria)))) what sad news . . . I'm so terribly sorry. I was hoping to log on the board this evening and see he'd had a better day. My heart is breaking for you - I know how special he was. You did an awesome job of taking care of him in spite of your challenging living situation.

I love your photos! I didn't realize he had those cute little tufts of hair on the tips of his ears! What a beautiful little boy. He'll be missed.

Fly free little Keiko . . . land softly.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.