7/31 Perry AMPS 284, +4 268, +7 273 | PMPS 396, +2.3 218

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Perry & Jenn, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

Yesterday's condo. Glad to see @AmandaE ushered Mowgli away from the sharks last night!

AMPS 284. After yesterday's high AMPS, Perry surfed most of the day. Hoping he scoots on down to the greens today, but I know my vet would not complain about these numbers since he hasn't been on insulin all that long.

Perry got me up last night before his feeder tray turned to let me know he'd polished off the whole thing! As he's filling the feeder, I keep telling the husband that this kitty eats a lot at night. We're going to have to start putting a full can of food in there. Happy to fill him up -- he's still on the skinny side.

Hope all the kitties stay safe today!

AmandaE likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice to see some blue yesterday. I hope you see more today.

Perry & Jenn likes this.
  3. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Thanks Jenn!! I was so surprised when my BF texted me and told me he was 61 @+2 last night! Luckily I was just wrapping up dinner with a friend! It all worked out!

Perry is up in the ol’ pinks with Mowgli today! Here’s hoping they get down to at least the beach today :)

Have a great day :joyful:

Perry & Jenn likes this.
  4. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Hope Perry is going to be in the beach today

5. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

Perry played hard this morning, so he is now due for some chill time on the beach. :cool:

Olive & Paula likes this.
  6. Penelope and Mačka

Penelope and Mačka Well-Known Member

Hi @Perry & Jenn !
    I just received the catmate feeder today! How are you finding yourself with it? Does it give you peace of mind at night? Can you sleep?
    Does Perry recognize the noise now? How do you program it? from midnight to 4am?

Good job on the yellows!

Perry & Jenn likes this.
  7. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

Oh you got one! It didn't work well for us last night because Perry emptied it early, so he still woke me up for food before the tray even turned. We'll put more in it tonight. Perry's always liked eating in the middle of the night.

We have it set open so he has access to food all night until 4:10 a.m., when it turns to an empty tray. (You can set the timer in increments of :10, and since he likes to eat right around 4, we gave him a 10-minute buffer!) We do his shot every morning at 6 a.m., so we're trying to get accurate AMPSes, or at least, closer to accurate than we were for a while there.

He ate out of it the first night, but the second night, I think he forgot that it had food in it. He came and woke me up, and I reminded him that the feeder was full of food. He ate right away and hasn't had a problem since then.

I've had a few solid nights' sleep because of the feeder. But we've had a few times, like last night, when he got me up anyway. One night, he missed it by about 15 minutes and woke me up. He needs a little alarm to let him know the window is closing!

The noise doesn't seem to bother the cats at all.

I hope you have good luck with it with Mačka!

Penelope and Mačka likes this.
  8. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

Perry really surfed the yellows today (+4 268, +7 273) until PMPS (396). This was the rare flat cycle for him. Don't like that PMPS, tho!

This is his 8th cycle at the new dose, and I have a feeling we'll be increasing when it's time.

Penelope and Mačka likes this.