7/4 Mauri nutrient analysis

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Marje and Gracie, Jul 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

I'm sorry it has taken me so long but I did get the DMB numbers from Mauri and here's some info on the % calories from carbs and the phosphorus. If you want the rest of the info, please PM me. These are the only flavors they have completed testing. They are still awaiting the results for feline goat and should have chicken later this summer.

Venison: 8% calories from carbs; 1.24% phosphorus which is also 268mgP/100 kcal

Brushtail: 3% calories from carbs; 1.72%P or 382 mgP/100kcal

Kangaroo: 4% calories from carbs; 0.84%P or 189 mgP/100kcal

They only sell to independent pet food stores (so think small, locally owned). You cannot order online is what the sales rep, Erik, told me.

2. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

goat.... ?
    that would be a novel protein for mine.....

Thanks for getting this

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I have a can of goat but it's the dog version. I will see what Max thinks and report back. Erik said the cat one is coming soon and contains more taurine and cranberries replace whatever is in the dog recipe.

The manager where I got the food crunched the numbers and claimed the kangaroo was about 5.6% carbs and the venison 4.6%. Interesting. Marje, do you think Erik knows what dry matter is and got real figures? I wrote him yesterday and was going to call Monday to ask.

4. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Thank you so much, Marje!!!

If only Harvey will eat the kangaroo, it looks perfect for him! Which means....:rolleyes:

5. tiffmaxee

Max is one picky eater when it comes to premium foods but he sure likes it so far. Let's see if it continues now that I bought some. BTW once opened, how long do you keep the food? They only had the 6 oz cans. Thanks.

6. Marje and Gracie

Well....I'm not sure but he also gave me as feds and the % calories from carbs was the same for venison and kangaroo but not brush tail.

Did she give you the numbers she crunched and how she did it?

You're welcome! I would think the phosphorus values are reliable since there's no number crunching for the DMB.

7. tiffmaxee

What you got ,Marje, I'm sure is more accurate. I think he was using either their site or info on the can which are minimums and maximums I think. Yesterday I was only given the carbs. I'll stick with Erik's figures. Thanks.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  8. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Thanks, Marje! I picked up some of the kangaroo last week.
    It instantly became a hit with Cadwyk and Darius.
    Their rating:
    [​IMG]

9. tiffmaxee

Jill, Max loves the venison too.

Jill & Alex (GA) likes this.
  10. tiffmaxee

Someone told me that there is something wrong with the nutrient analysis of Mauri or else there is a big problem with the calcium/phosphorus ratio. It should be 1 .2 phosphorus to 1 calcium I e sent an email to the rep. Hopefully the list was typed wrong.

11. Marje and Gracie

Who has it? I haven't seen a full a nutrient analysis.

12. tiffmaxee

I have it from Erik.

13. tiffmaxee

Mauri kangaroo.
    Protein. 69.5
    Fat 16.4
    Fiber .82
    Ash 8.80
    Sulfur .84
    Phosphorus .84
    Potassium 1.74
    Magnesium .06
    Sodium .60
    Iron 245
    Maganese 16.2
    Copper 14.4
    Zinc 271
    Calcium .60

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  14. tiffmaxee

Mauri Venison
    Protein 57.2
    Fat 21.6
    Fiber .86
    Ash 10.6
    Sulfur .81
    Phosphorus 1.24
    Potassium 1.61
    Magnesium .06
    Calcium .68
    Iron 458
    Maganese 49.7
    Copper 354
    Zinc 883

15. tiffmaxee

I just got off the phone with the rep. He actually called me to see why I hadn't gotten back to him. He read me figures from tests by the lab and is even sending me them directly. Almost every can tested is in the right ratio. The Brushtail was a typo by him. They really want to get this right. Only bad news was one of the kangaroo cans tested was 1.24 phosphorus instead of the .84 of the other can. Since its meat the amounts will vary batch to batch.

16. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Cool. I found a store that carries it and they just started a few months ago. The owner was very interested in how I heard about it and why I wanted it. He gave me a can of brushtail to try (I couldn't remember which ones you sent me, Elise - turns out one was brushtail). It's a long drive for me, but the customer service there is worth it. At least I know I can get it from him. He even game me the name of the distributor he gets it from, so I can find a store nearer home that might be able to get it!

17. tiffmaxee

Brushtail is high phosphorus due to bone in it. The kangaroo has tested between .86-1.24.

18. Aimee77

Aimee77 New Member

I was buying the Mauri, which is now called KOHA. My cat LOVED the brushtail and venison. It's just a bit expensive, so unfortunately I've had to go back to famcy feast classics. I hate seeing meat by product in the ingredients, but best I can do for now. Sure hope it helps keep diabetes away from him.

19. Aimee77

Aimee77 New Member

20. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

of course neither of mine will eat any of these:facepalm:

21. tiffmaxee

The classics are low carb, most 3-5% so good for diabetes. The phosphorus is quite high though. I had to stop feeding it for that reason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.