7/4Ravan/amps274/+6 490/pmps443/+5 351/+9 364

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by JoyBee&Ravan, Jul 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

2. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Nice job staying away from that color we won't mention, Ravan. :cat: Please slide on down today!

3. JoyBee&Ravan

I'm going to stay at this dose for a while. When he was on 1.25 both times he didn't go down to real low #'s for about 2 weeks. Maybe his body just takes longer to adjust?
    I think I need to take it slow, one day at a time . This BG isn't what i want but it's a lot better than what was happening for the entire last week.

Jill & Jade likes this.
  4. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

You were getting some nice lows on 1.25u but man those bounces are extreme. Really Raven?

Sometimes that is the best way to keep your own sanity. Enjoy Raven for a bit. Maybe all those extra loves are what he needs?

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  5. JoyBee&Ravan

@Tracey&Jones
    @Osha

Ravan had the most Black #'s on 1.25 It really got me worried. When I look at other SS & Kitty is bouncing it's usually in yellow or Pink!

I wonder why Ravan goes to such High #'s at that dose? Glucose Toxicity?

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  6. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

To me black in a cat that is not getting the insulin to bring the FD under control is worse then the black due to a bounce. The bounce is a natural response and the body will correct itself naturally. Horrible to see...but those greens will come more often and those blacks will give to red, then give to pink then give to yellow. Give it time.

Bellasmom and JoyBee&Ravan like this.
  7. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

I agree with Tracey. It is much worse to have a cat hanging out in the black than if the black is created by a bounce. Glucose toxicity would occur if he were just hanging out in the high numbers. Some kitties just react very strongly to going into lower numbers that they aren't used to. Ravan's body jumps sky high when he gets a number he isn't used to. Hopefully over time, Ravan will start to be ok with the lower numbers and not bounce sky high. Some kitties just always bounce. Doses are going to go up and down, up and down with this dance. You just have to follow Ravan's numbers. The next time you go to 1.25u he may do better, or he may need even more, or he may need less again.

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  8. JoyBee&Ravan

Once again I'm surprised at Ravan's BG +6 490? He should be low at this time of day? He's been sleeping over 4 hours ,No food, I thought I might even see a blue!
    If it keeps going he'll be "HI" again ,over 600!
    I thought he would stay in Yellow & even pink for a while . Where are these High BG 's coming from! He was so much better yesterday. Playful not peeing as much or drinking water too much.

How can i ever predict what he might do when his bg is all over the place? Did you check his SS ? It looks like a rainbow,a nasty rainbow! For the last week.
    Just when I thought both of us would get to rest a bit now this.

I get stressed out when i see those high #'s. Feels like someone punched me in the stomach!

9. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug: I did look at his SS. I like seeing that you can see the green speckled in the rainbow. For now, Raven is a bouncy, rainbow kitty. Since you are following TR, you can increase tonight back to 1.25u. Ravan needs to learn not to panic with the lower numbers. I know this isn't easy and it is super stressful. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Bellasmom and JoyBee&Ravan like this.
  10. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Whatcha doing up there Ravan?

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  11. JoyBee&Ravan

@Osha
    "Ravan needs to learn not to panic" I'm the one who panicked! Ravan just looked sick. Friday is my son's birthday I'd like to go out to dinner with him.I won't be changing Ravin's dosage till after then.
    Some people told me Ravan dropping down low so fast was ,"A clear sign,the dose was too high" You don't agree with that?
    It's not only his bg was way too high he was not looking so good.Even when his bg was green he was drinking a ton of water & sleeping constantly.This will never be easy for me. I get too emotional when it concerns my Kitty kids.

I was hoping his bg might come down on this dose if I was patient & waited,maybe 2 weeks?

On 1.25 both times. bg dropped after 2 weeks? Maybe his body just takes longer to adjust?

12. JoyBee&Ravan

Ravan dropped to 45 on 7/1 the next day he had Black & red. I thought that was the bounce?
    If today is a bounce, what the heck # is he bouncing from?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.