? 7/5 Scooter AMPS 76 away dose?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jill & Scooter, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/scooter-7-3-amps-94.216343/#post-2400134

Happy Friday,
    The FD gods are smiling on me this week. I went to TSC to try and find a food Scooter will eat ( his appy is great,he just doesn’t like any of his previous foods anymore). They now have Merrick foods and I got a couple of cans and Scooter loves it. On Wednesday a friend brought me an almost full box of the exact syringes I use for Scooter. She had them from her Diabetic dog who had passed several years ago. We like freebies!

On Sunday I will be leaving for horse camp with my niece. On Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I will be gone all day, so Scooter won’t get tested. I will be home at night to watch him. I’m thinking with him just coming off a spell of not eating and his green numbers that I should reduce him He is at 2.5 right now. What do you think I should reduce to?

Prayers for all kitties and beans in need!

2. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Nice freebies and finding food that Scooter loves! Have a wonderful weekend and hope you enjoy your time with your niece next week, horse camp sounds like so much fun! :):):)

Jill & Scooter likes this.
  3. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

They often get fed up of their food; nice that you could find something he likes! As you say, it's probably a good thing to reduce his dose so he'll be safe while you're away !
    Hope you have a good time at the horse camp with your niece next week and a great Friday!:)

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'd reduce to 2.0 units to keep him safe. Have fun. Nice on the freebies.

5. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Thanks Carla, that’s what I was thinking, but I always like a second opinion from someone with more experience.