7/8 Catcat AMPS 244, +2.5=171, +5=168, +7.5=249, PMPS 307

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by CandyH & Catcat, Jul 8, 2019.

1. CandyH & Catcat

CandyH & Catcat Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/7-7-catcat-amps-325-4-212-6-216-9-5-223-pmps-308.216522/

Lantus depot apparently slowly filling up

besides the main meal at shot time, I'm feeding only at times I test, about 1/4 of a standard LC can -- 4Health grainfree chicken today, got a bunch more of the 4Health grainfree variety packs with a 15% off coupon at Tractor Supply

also got a few of their Paws&Claws kitchen selects flaked tuna (little cans Fancy Feast wannabe), which are medium to high carb -- guessing -- they're not on Dr Lisa's list, to put in hypo kit -- already have Karo, honey, Friskies gravy, maple syrup

planning to test every 2.5 to 3 hours, his ears are getting a bit bumpy from all the testing even though I compress them after tests and use Neosporin -- it's a transition from Vetsulin to Lantus, and values may be scattered as the depot first fills up

2. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

I see you took the plunge.:D Looks like 0.75u was a good place to start to allow you to get your feet wet and for Catcat to "adjust" to the new insulin. Nice smooth cycle today.

3. CandyH & Catcat

CandyH & Catcat Well-Known Member

well, he got up enough nerve to frolic in the shallow water for awhile, he's just finishing afternoon snack of chicken and treat of bonito; holding off testing now until PMPS; beef/liver for dinner and turkey for afters

chitchat on the Meandering conversation, that you probably haven't seen -- hope you had a nice Sunday off -- I figured it was about time to work towards simplifying the routine; more to do at a single time but then more free time until the next scheduled event == at this point I'm not intensely worried about hypo