7/8 Osha AMPS 85 PMPS 85/ Small Kitty AMPS 127 PMPS 171

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Osha, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

7/7

Good morning!

We are good here. I decided to hold Osha at the .25u because I can be here to monitor and she still has blue numbers. If I get another light green, I will reduce.

Small Kitty started the Zylkene last night. He only woke me briefly 3 times last night until 3:45am and then I couldn't get him to stop meowing. I did find this about it "The calming effects of Zylkene may be observed after just a few days of treatment. However, in some pets it may take longer. For chronic behavior issues, it is recommended that Zylkene be given for a minimum of eight weeks concurrent with a behavior modification program." So, there is still hope that this will work given some time.

We had some CRAZY rain here....like 4 inches in an hour at regan national airport. It is just insane here. So much flooding is happening. My phone kept buzzing. Thankfully I can just stay home today! I've never seen rain like this before. It is a perfect day to snuggle with the kitties! https://www.washingtonpost.com/weat...out-through-wednesday/?utm_term=.33727574c1a0

Have a good day!
    Amanda and Kitty Osha, The Empress and Small Kitty

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice numbers for Osha. I hope the zylkene works for SK.

Osha likes this.
  3. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

+9 48

Well I guess I will be reducing to .1u tonight. o_O I am sure this is going to be fun to measure. :rolleyes:

4. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Go, Osha! Congrats on the reducie!

I have the same problem with my Boris, meowing at the top of his lungs all day and night. Vet couldn't' find a reason. He just likes the sound of his voice. :rolleyes: Good luck with SK.

Osha likes this.
  5. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Boomer used to go into our basement every night after our dinner and "sing". He liked the sound of his voice I guess lol. Maybe SK is singing:rolleyes: Anyways I hope the zylkene helps him!
    Very nice numbers for Osha! Congrats on the reducie!

Osha likes this.
  6. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

How do you guys tolerate the meowing? I'd be ok with it if it was during the day. Waking me up over and over and over during the night is making me miserable. My place is so small I can hear him from wherever he is is in the home.

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  7. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

I'm not fond of it, for sure. If I can lure him onto my bed and pet him he will usually go to sleep. I'm trying everything I can think of. Current experiment is CBD, but so far that isn't helping.

Osha and Sue and Luci like this.
  8. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I guess I'm feeling grateful that Luci is not a 'talker' - she has very little to say - ever. She's not a vocal cat at all...a few squeaks in the car sometimes if she thinks we're going to the 'V' - otherwise she has nothing to say...the dark and silent type I'd say :) Sorry to hear about all the squalling and meowwwllling...:facepalm:

Osha likes this.
  9. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

With Boomer it was very brief.....a few minutes in the basement then he came upstairs and was quiet. Nothing like what is happening with SK.

Osha likes this.