7/9 Luci AMPS 211,2+114,3+80,4+59,5+84,8+215,PMPS 247,2+182,4+206, 10+231

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sue and Luci, Jul 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Yesterday - a visit to the lagoon

Not bad for Luci - although she still takes off and races for the lagoon when she makes up her mind to go - from 189 to 71 in a few hours - quite the racer. Thought she was going there again last night and DH was tired so he gave her HC. My back is out and I'm going to be seeing the doctors as soon as they say I can get in. I'm miserable! Hope Luci will behave herself today...not a good day for her to be charging to the lagoon or doing any diving.

2. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Luci stayed pretty level last night, which gives me a bad feeling for today. Just a heads up. :nailbiting: Is Luci yet jumping up on the table for you to test or is she being stubborn?

3. Sue and Luci

Luci is on her way down:eek: - rapidly:eek:- of course - Miss Contrary...why always such a rush?:eek: Another 100 point drop this morning...DH is steering her with MC beginning at 2+; we need to slow that girl down!:facepalm: She's in the lagoon now and we'll be checking in an hour to see if the MC is holding her back from the sharks. I wish she'd get the hang of this thing sooner than later.:arghh: No way does she want to jump on the counter when she's invited - only when she thinks we're not looking:rolleyes:. I had to pick her up and put her on the testing towel; feed her there, shoot her there...just saves me from the up and down, up and down...

I saw the chiropractor this morning for my back - he did an adjustment - said I had some kind of frozen joint and now that it's been released it's feeling a little better - but I'm very sore and now DH has TWO patients to take care of today.:arghh::arghh: Testing Luci hourly and giving me an ice-pack hourly...and then I'll see my regular doctor today as well - for further evaluation (couldn't get in to see her last winter for this same issue because I was in Florida)...so this time we'll establish the issue and her recommendations for moving forward. I'd like to avoid this situation in the future if I can - whatever it takes!

Mandy & Rex (GA) likes this.
  4. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Wow, I actually predicted that for once. :rolleyes::oops:

I hope things go better with your back. I have a herniated disc and some osteoarthritis in my lower back so I know how painful it can be.

5. Sue and Luci

Yes, your crystal ball must be flickering on long enough to get a good prediction for Luci:woot::woot:..wish mine was working! We're going to put MC in the auto-feeder for her while DH takes me to the doctor - I hope she'll be good and stay in the shallow end of the lagoon-or go rest on the beach while we're gone. Tomorrow is more of the same - I have a crown prep starting at 2 and DH is out at a luncheon - so another time we're going to have to depend on that auto-feeder. That thing is worth it's weight in gold! It may not help Luci get her diabetes under control - but it'll help keep her safe when we're not home to test/feed, test/feed! I have frozen chunks of MC in the freezer ready to go into the feeder...so that in an hour or two there's fresh (well, sorta...fresh from the freezer bag) in the feeder :) Hope I'm anticipating this correctly...I think Luci has entered a new phase of her recovery - these visits to the lagoon are becoming more and more commonplace for her...I'm impressed!:joyful:

6. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

That's awesome Mandy! I wish my spidey senses worked!

Definitely a good sign, even though she doesn't know how to make that happen at opportune times. :rolleyes: Hopefully she stays safe for you! I hope you start feeling better soon!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  7. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Good luck at the doctor. I hope it won't take too long so you can get back to Luci and find her in a high green!! :D

Sue and Luci likes this.
  8. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Slow down there Luci:eek: those nasty sharks might get ya, they have BIG teeth :nailbiting:
    Glad you got your back worked on, ever since the dr. gave me meds for my knee, it’s arthritis meds, my back has quit hurting all together so I must have some in my back as well
    Such a sweet DH, :bighug:to him for helping

Sue and Luci likes this.
  9. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Luci surfs safely for you while you go to the doctor. I'm glad the chiropractor was able to help. Sending prayers.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  10. Sue and Luci

Thanks Amanda! I hope so too!:p I see Lou is a little high today - and only got to the beach (blues) yesterday...hope he stays safe for you to - and that your day at work goes well.:cool::cool: We're going to be relying on that auto-feeder a lot over the next day or three...while I recover and go to all these doctor's appointments...dreading that crown prep tomorrow :( ugh...it's always something huh? :bighug::bighug:

Have a great day!
    Well, we left food in the auto-feeder...may have miscalculated with that one - a teaspoon of HC - but better safe than sorry...she greeted us and seems her usual self...bored, nonchalant and that look of how dare you leave the house...so now headed to the sunspot on the carpet to take another nap...I need one myself.

Mandy & Rex (GA) likes this.
  11. Bellasmom

Nice surf today!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  12. Sue and Luci

Nice considering that we had to carb her up to leave for doctor's appointment! I was worried that we'd be gone too long and she might return to the sharks for a visit...so left HC in her auto-feeder.

As it turns out I have a fractured L1 vetebrae:arghh: - more doctor's appointments to follow :( Resting and Motrin helps. :coffee: Doctor has ordered me not to pick anything up weighing more than 5 pounds - what do I do about getting Luci up to testing towel? Get a crane?:eek: DH was testing today for the most part - will be helping as much as he can over the next days...weeks?

13. Bellasmom

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry:bighug::bighug::( I hope you heal quickly! Please listen to what dr says, very very sweet of DH to help you!
    This might help picking up Luci:rolleyes:
    :bighug: A458FCFE-6C12-403D-98FC-49E5D3B5FCE5.jpeg :eek::eek::bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.