7/9 Osha AMPS 100 +4 61 +6 76/ Small Kitty AMPS 238 +4 236

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Osha, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

7/8

Good morning!
    I never imagined Osha would be on only .1u of insulin. Just crazy talk! :rolleyes: At +5 last night she was at 63, so I gave her some gravy so I could sleep without worrying. I hope she behaves today. Seems crazy to me that such a small amount of insulin can actually do anything, but clearly it is.

I wish SK wasn't in the yellows. I wish I hadn't panicked after the dental and kept the same dose. The depot should be almost full by now, so I see an increase in his future. I wish I could get him regulated. :(

He only woke me up once last night!! :woot: It was at 4:05am when he began singing. I try petting him and holding him, but he continues to sing. After about 20 minutes he settled down and slept. The problem is, I don't go back to sleep easily. I finally went back to sleep after AMPS at 6am. Once school is back in session I just don't know what I am going to do.

I am sorry you are going through this too, Tricia. I have also tried CBD, but I haven't noticed a difference.

Yes, Sue...count your blessings! :cat:

Sometimes I feel overwhelmed taking care of 4 cats (2 diabetics). Food, litter boxes, diabetic supplies, testing, shooting, mixing in prozac and zyklene for sk, the broken sleep, worrying about low numbers. I love them dearly, but I really feel like the crazy cat lady. And once Sébastien moves here, we will be adding one more cat (big brother) to the family.

I guess I am just cranky today. :facepalm:

Have a good day!
    Amanda and Kitty Osha, The Empress and Small Kitty

2. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

What brand CBD OIL do you use? And what are you using it for? I've been using "Paws" by Charlotte's Web CBD. I started using it about 4 years ago to get a kitty that had cancer to eat. It worked very well!

I now give it to my 3 cats for inflammation. I talked to my Vet about CBD OIL a while ago. He called Cornell University They only recommended 2 brands, "ElleVet Feline" & "Paws" by Charlotte's web. He said they tested many different brands & some of the popular ones did not have
    the amount of cannabidiol stated.
    My vet now uses ElleVet for his 2 dogs. For anxiety & arthritis. He said he's surprised how well it's helping his dogs.

I'm very cautious using it with my cats. I started out with 2 drops in a small amount of baby food. When Ravan went off his food & wouldn't eat it had him back eating in a few hours after I gave it to him. Ravan also had started having seizures & that has stopped also.

I'm very happy with the results I get. If I could afford to take it myself I would use the Charlotte's Web.

How old is Osha? I couldn't find his age anywhere?

You do know Insulin is a very powerful Hormone.
    upload_2019-7-9_11-12-40.jpeg

Osha likes this.
  3. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

I've been using holistapet CBD treats. I am using it to try to stop Small Kitty's meowing at night. I was so overwhelmed when I began looking online. There were soooo many choices. Maybe I should try the oil you are using. Osha is about 13 years old. And Small Kitty just turned 9.

That is so wonderful that the oil is helping Ravan's appetite and stopping his seizures. My fiancee takes oil for his seizures, but I don't think it has a large impact. He had 4 seizures last week and even with all his meds, ativan and the oil, they continue. They are so hard on his body and mind.

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Great update for Osha. I'm glad SK only woke you up once. I hope things continue to improve.

Osha likes this.
  5. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Osha likes this.
  6. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Osha likes this.
  7. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Great numbers for Osha!
    Happy to hear that SK woke you only once last night! I know the feeling about not being able to get back to sleep!

Osha likes this.