? 7 July -Radar - need help setting petsitter dose

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jan Radar (GA), Jul 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan Radar (GA)

Jan Radar (GA) Well-Known Member

my last post

I've been testing to get as much data as possible in preparation for setting a petsitter dose. We leave town on Tuesday so now it's time to consider the numbers and figure out what will be safe for him. Radar will be at the vet's office and they will give him whatever dose I tell them to give. They do not test the glucose levels. Radar typically eats pretty poorly while he's there... :(

Radar's numbers are higher than I'd like them to be, but he's eating well and seems to be feeling good. I'm thinking of setting the dose back to 3.5 units based on what I see on his ss and knowing that he just doesn't eat very well in that setting. Anyone have any thoughts to share??

2. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

from all that you said, and looking at his chart, I would do the same thing..... provided that his numbers stay as they are until you leave....

have you tried leaving his freeze dried treats to sprinkle on top of his food , maybe that would entice him to eat better at the vet.

Lovie's Mom likes this.
  3. Jan Radar (GA)

Good suggestion! I will leave freeze dried treats to sprinkle on top of his food while he's at the vet's office. He really likes them and sometimes it's all it takes to get him started on a bowl of food. :):cat:
    Of course we never know what the kitty has in mind so I will continue to test tonight to see if there are any surprises... but I need to start draining the depot soon

4. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

I agree if he continues as he is now before you leave.

Whe you say that the vet does not test the BGs do you mean during the cycle? Please say that they will test before each shot? If not , insist!

Hope you are going somewhere fun.

5. Jan Radar (GA)

I will insist that they test before all shots and that they fill in my simple little chart and we'll see what happens. And yes, we are headed for buckets of fun, which is just what I need. :):joyful:

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

You may want to reduce the dose Monday morning so the depot is adjusted to the new dose when you drop him at the vet on Tuesday. I'm glad you're going somewhere you can have fun.

Jan Radar (GA) likes this.
  7. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I hope you have a wonderful vacation :bighug:

Will they test for ketones and syringe feed him if he doesn't eat?

Jan Radar (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.