8/1 Perry AMPS 227, +6 141 | PMPS 185, +3 157

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Perry & Jenn, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

Yesterday's condo.

Perry's off to a good start at AMPS 227. Hope all the kitties surf safely today!

Thanks to @Amy47 for the pro tip to call Chewy to ask them to round up discontinued food; I'll be trying that later today! And hoping @Penelope and Mačka had a good night with the new feeder.

Penelope and Mačka and AmandaE like this.
  2. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

Good Luck with Chewy :)! They are really a great group of people so hopefully they will be able to help! Let us know. If the first person you get isn't able to help, ask for a supervisor :cool:. Sometimes the first person you get may not know that they are able to do a search! You may also want to contact the maker of the food & find out if there is a lot #/dates of product change (I used date of product change) that will be able to help Chewy figure out if they have it!

AmandaE and Perry & Jenn like this.
  3. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

Another good pro tip, thank you! I'm still holding out hope that I'll find something similar that he'll eat before I run out. Not sure why I have any hope at all after all of the foods we've been through with him, yet here I am. :) Fortunately, it's his secondary food, not his primary, so we aren't going through it quite as rapidly.

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start for Perry. I hope he slides down and surfs today.

Perry & Jenn likes this.
  5. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Have you thought of making homemade cat food?. I use to, used slow cooker, bought meat on sale at grocery, used EZ premix for nutrients. Not hard and you know what is in it.

6. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

Good point. I have thought about it, but I'm not entirely confident I could make him something he would like.

For a while there after dx, my level of overwhelm was cranked up to 11, and I couldn't deal with the thought of figuring out one more big thing. But now that we're getting the hang of things around here, I could certainly consider experimenting to find a recipe he likes.

7. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

None of my current kitties liked cooked meat, weirdos. My former use to sit on my feet when I made his hoping I would drop some, which I always did. His favorite was the gizzards. I would mix and cook hearts, thighs, breast, gizzards, necks, backs anything I could find. Then make a huge batch and freeze in 8oz containers. It was also less expensive than canned food. But Smokey was the only one who would eat it.

I followed this recipe https://www.ibdkitties.net/homecooked/

and you make it so it's low phos by cutting out the bones. I used mini food processor because he liked it pureed best.

Perry & Jenn and AmandaE like this.
  8. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

Wishing safe surfing for Perry.
    I have thought about a home made diet but I don't know if Yoyo will eat it either,he is soooo picky with his food.
    And the home made food diets that I found were so complicated.
    Please let me know if you find a good one :bighug:

Perry & Jenn likes this.
  9. Penelope and Mačka

Penelope and Mačka Well-Known Member

Thank you!! I did not try it lol, today though!!

Perry & Jenn likes this.
  10. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Great start for Perry today! I hope he slides down slowly and surfs safely :)

I wish we had chewy in Canada, it seems like such a great pet resource! I wouldn't mind looking into a homemade diet either but I am nervous about contaminating it, I especially like the idea of large batches... even the price of FF and friskies adds up when you feed two cats... I looked at a mixed pack of tiki cat cans the other day and it was like $36 :O

Perry & Jenn likes this.
  11. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Very nice start for Perry, have a great day

Perry & Jenn likes this.
  12. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

Do you have PetCo there? They're having a sale on Tiki right now. Civvie Chloe eats it. And an expensive Wellness. TBH her current diet is lower-carb than Perry's right now!

AmandaE likes this.
  13. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

Oh, and 141 at +6. Nice blues for my boy.

14. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

This sounds like torture to me, because one of the reasons I went vegetarian is that I hated cooking meat ... but I would absolutely do it if the cats liked it, ate it consistently and had steady digestion with it. Thanks for sharing the recipe you followed! It's good to have a recommendation instead of just searching randomly on the internet.

15. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

No but I do think Canadian tire's pet section is "Petco" im not 100% though

good to know Chloe wont have as much of a risk to develop the 'betes" :p

Perry & Jenn likes this.
  16. J.J. and Phoebe Squeak

J.J. and Phoebe Squeak Well-Known Member

Looking good, Perry!! Jenn, mind if I ask what food Civvie Chloe is eating? You said Tiki, but what kind? Thanks.

Perry & Jenn likes this.
  17. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

She has a sensitive tummy, so she mostly eats the tuna and pumpkin, but she also likes the succulent chicken and ahi tuna and crab.

I have shopped around a lot for Tiki, because the prices range from outrageous to reasonable.

18. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

PMPS 185. That's a good PMPS for him! And we'll be keeping an eye out for greens in the next few hours.

19. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

Goooooo Perry! Good start for this PM cycle :cool:

Perry & Jenn likes this.
  20. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

PM +3 is 157. I'll take it! Good night, all. :cool: