8/10 Luci AMPS 212,2+102,3+47,3.5+43,4+73,5+76,6+93,8+115 Shark chaser! PMPS 194, 2+146,4+74

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sue and Luci, Aug 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Yesterday - no lagoon visit

Moved my mom from one caregiver location to another yesterday afternoon. She is constantly saying ' Oh I don't have much of anything' just a few clothes, a TV and a recliner chair...Her perceptions are not exactly on point with that one - took 2 fullsized SUV's and a full sized pickup (2 trips) to get just her few things moved. :eek::eek:
    At least I had helpers who rallied on very short notice - where would we all be without friends and family??? Gotta luv 'em!!! Mom seems much more comfortable.:joyful::joyful:

Luci was kind enough to stay out of the lagoon yesterday - I know it's not good for her - but I would have been in a total panic trying to monitor her surfing (she's not a very good surfer, constantly falling off and chasing those sharks)...and trying to juggle mom...mom is 88...going on 5...
    ''''sigh'''

Blessings and healing vines to all the needy kittiehs here on L&L land - happy Friday - let's hope it's peaceful and calm...:bighug::bighug:

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope you have a calm day today and Luci slides down and surfs. I hope your mom will like her new location.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  3. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Awww you're a great daughter!!! :bighug:

Sue and Luci likes this.
  4. Sue and Luci

Thanks Sonia! It's always so wonderful to hear that - because as you may already know - I fall far from my mom's high expectations of ever getting anything right :( I do my best...

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  5. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Luci! :facepalm: At least she stayed high out of consideration for you yesterday. :rolleyes:

This is now 2x under 50. :D

Sue and Luci likes this.
  6. Sue and Luci

Yes! Now I can see why 'three strikes = she's out' is a good way for me to remember this! Three separate days...looks like she may be itching for a reduction - one more strike Miss Luci...behave yourself! :eek:

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  7. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

I think most of us fall below parents expectations. We are always a small child in their eyes and know nothing. I moved my father to assisted living by me. It took over a year to clean out his house. 60+ years of saving everything and I mean everything. And he thinks it can all be put in his room. I remember bringing him the floor table lamp that was in the house it weighed a ton. He can't do buttons, pop a can tab, lift his bowling ball (insisted on having that in his room) needs a walker. Has Parkinson's, Yet he thought he could lift this lamp off the dollie and put it by his chair because it was to big for me to do. He couldn't and didn't understand why he couldn't do it. It's so aggravating at times.

You are a good daughter. Think how many children don't take care of their parents when needed.

8. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

LOL, I guess we have (had in my case) the same mother! :bighug:

Sue and Luci likes this.
  9. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

I think Luci wants to be a cliff diver instead of a surfer! At least she behaved yesterday so you could get your mom taken care of.

Sue and Luci likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.