8/10 Luci AMPS 218 *Video

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sue and Luci, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/8-9-luci-amps-295.217910/#post-2421926

Happy Caturday everyone!

I don't think that 218 looks half bad for a start - Luci's numbers lately are just too darned high! I'm sure hoping this increase will get her down to the beach...and perhaps into the lagoon? It's sure time to get rid of all those yellow lemons on her SS...and then those stinky pinkies too! Sheesh!

I'm off to an art fair today with DIL - Milford Memories - a big show and I'm looking forward to a fun outing - my dance card is full of dental and doctors appointments so this is a fun day for a change!

Here's a little video of the Sandhill cranes as they were marching around our neighborhood yesterday. I could not believe all the volume of one bird! Be sure to turn on your sound, be patient toward the end...and tell your kittiehs to come for a listen :)

Have a great day everyone!

2. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

That was great. It got Tux's attention. PJ ran under the bed.

Sonia & Leo and Sue and Luci like this.
  3. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

Bring it on down today nice and easy Luci, work that juice! Have a good day at the art fair Sue :D

Sue and Luci and CandyH & Catcat like this.
  4. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Pépé liked the video!
    Come on Luci, show us what you can do with that increase!!
    Enjoy a fun day at the art fair!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  5. Figaro's Liz

Figaro's Liz Member

I love art and craft fairs! Most things tend to be out of my price range, but once in a while, I splurge :D have a great time!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  6. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Lol! Got Leo's attention, he was napping, now he's staring at my screen!
    Have a great day a the fair, what fun!
    Good luck with the dosecrease, pink is so yesterday!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  7. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Thanks for the video!! What fun . . . my dog came running, and two cats got very perky necks and ears!

Edit: I almost missed the opportunity to share I had a Tuxedo named Jessie - She had Luci's tail too (didn't I see a bob tail?). Give Luci a big kiss from us! Our neighbor in Missouri told us there were bobcats in the neighborhood. Turned out there was an outdoor kitty making lots of little bobtail cats! We adopted a kitten and she lived until almost 19. Swish that tail Luci!!!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
  8. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Luci slides down and surfs today. Enjoy the art fair.

9. J.J. and Phoebe Squeak

J.J. and Phoebe Squeak Well-Known Member

WOW! Such a great sound! Thanks for the video. Hope Luci has a good Caturday!

10. CandyH & Catcat

CandyH & Catcat Well-Known Member

happy Caturday --
    Catcat was napping on his fleece quilt, twitched his ears at the audio, rolled his head and decided he'd rather go back to napping

good start for Luci, throw those tattered sundresses into the ragbag

11. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Hey Luci,we are all waiting to see you back in Blue & green? Come on & work that increase! :D

Love the video. I've never heard a sound like that from a bird! Kinda cool, but I guess if it went on all day ,that would be a bit annoying!

Have fun at the art Fair. Find an interesting treasure for the house!
    upload_2019-8-10_10-34-47.jpeg

Sue and Luci and CandyH & Catcat like this.
  12. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Oh My you have Sandhill Cranes in your neighbourhood? I'm so jealous!! That's so awesome! I've only ever seen them once as they were flying along the Lake Erie shoreline!

Nice start for Luci today! Bring 'er on down to the beach Luci!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  13. Sue and Luci

Yes, you did! Luci is a Manx - and they all have those little short tails. We thought it was so odd...a cat with no tail??? But the farmer said, oh yes, her mama was like that too...and her siblings! She was a rescue from a farm/nursery - they have huge greenhouses in the country and apparently people drive by and feel like it's a good place to dump their cats - he set us up with two rescues - poor little things :( She's been the Queen around our house since then. She was the last one of the group to find a home - ours :)

14. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Those are protected birds aren’t they? The video was so cool

15. Sue and Luci

They are considered a migratory bird - and are protected now - however, there are some states that issue licenses to hunt them...and Michigan has introduced a bill to allow it here - oh dear God - I will do everything in my power to keep that from happening! Here's an article about it:
    https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2018/01/01/sandhill-crane-hunt/991073001/

They typically only have one baby - occasionally I see two - but most often one...and the thoughts of the hunting of those beautiful birds, just makes me sick :(... and angry!

16. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Makes me sick to my stomach