? 8/11 Roo: AMPS=418, +2=348, +4=349, +6=369, +8=346,+10=342 // PMPS=358 - should I try TR?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Armish & Roo, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

Yesterday

Not a great start at all today because of the skip last night. Just hoping for some yellows today.

Hope everyone has a good day! :)

2. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

After the NS and the increase, Roo should have nice numbers in a few cycles!:)
    Bonne journée!

Bellasmom likes this.
  3. CandyH & Catcat

CandyH & Catcat Well-Known Member

hope Roo comes down to play today

4. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Roo, bring it on down there now

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Roo will get back on track. Good luck with the new dose.

6. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

Staying high and flat today, but not surprised. Hopefully he comes down soon!

7. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

Thinking about trying to start TR, after reading this thread a lot. I'm thinking I can update my schedule to the following:

7:30a: T/F/S
    8:30a: get +1
    8:40a: leave for work
    6:45p: get home from work, get +11.25
    7:30p: T/F/S
    Get any PM tests after that, no worries about how late

The biggest thing I'm worried about is during the day - sometimes I can come home in the middle of the day, somtimes I can't. 7:30a is the earliest I feel comfortable pushing the shot to right now because sometimes work can be bananas and I can't leave until 7-7:15ish.

If I could get the minimum amount of tests I outlined above, do you think I could make TR work? I really want to give him his best chance to get regulated since it took so long for us to start insulin.

CandyH & Catcat likes this.
  8. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I used TR with Gabby and I worked full time. Like you, there were come days I could dash home at lunch. There were a few things I found helpful. I would use a timed feeder so there was food available during my workday. It also helped that Gabby had an early onset and nadir. I shot at 5:00 which gave me until about +2.5 to see if her numbers were dropping before I left the house. If they were, she got more food and HC. Essentially, the schedule you outlined is similar to what I did. If you've not already seen it, you may also want to take a look at the post on using TR with a full time job.

9. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

I have a couple of feeders! I'm still trying to figure out a good time for regular feedings. I started off ever 12 hours but obviously after reading a lot I found that it's not great. So I started feeding at shot time, then +2 and +4 for each cycle - just don't know if that's the way to go. I guess experimentation is the way to go til I find something that feels right.

I'm struggling to figure out what Roo's onset and nadir are? It looks like his onset is between +0.5 and +1, and his nadir ranges from between +4 and +6? I've been doing a lot of testing and reading but not 100% sure if I'm reading things the right way.

We're resetting cycle count with the skip last night, so I think I'll give TR dosing a start once he settles back in to this dose.

10. CandyH & Catcat

CandyH & Catcat Well-Known Member

good luck -- I've thought about that too, but am not particularly organized, more of a go with the flow type ...

11. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

You may be right with onset and nadir. Just keep in mind that cat's don't like predicability. Gabby's nardir was at around +3 - +4, except when it wasn't.

CandyH & Catcat and Armish & Roo like this.