8/12 Figaro AMPS=451 +2=453 +11=389 PMPS=464

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Figaro's Liz, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Figaro's Liz

Figaro's Liz Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...272-3-189-5-242-pmps-352.217923/#post-2422068

Hmmm.. a bounce has to break at some point here. Tonight maybe! o_O

Figaro has been super hungry the last couple days, eating each meal all at once instead of his normal grazing, which has me a bit concerned. His weight is also suddenly up, basically by 0.5 lb in 2 weeks. I'm not sure if I should be reducing his calories at this point, since his numbers are so high... I have a call into the vet to discuss. Going to try to test ketones tonight, too...

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Figaro comes down for you soon.

Figaro's Liz likes this.
  3. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Hi Liz,
    It looks like Figaro is going to be ready for an increase again soon. Those higher numbers could be making him hungrier; great idea to test for ketones. Is 13 lbs a good weight for Fig? He looks like a big guy in general.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  4. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Figaro, come back down!!!

Figaro's Liz likes this.
  5. Figaro's Liz

Figaro's Liz Member

I know that the higher numbers can cause hunger, but it seems odd that it's happening now, when he has been rather high for a while :( where is my kitty crystal ball?! 13 is a pretty good weight for Fig, I think, but it depends which vet you ask :rolleyes: he is a big guy since he is at least part Maine coon. Big paws and face! At the vet hospital people asked me what my dog's name was. No joke.

An increase may indeed be coming...

6. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

He is so lush and looks very huggable. I thought maybe 13 was small for him. Oh how I wish they could talk. If only . . . Hey mom or pop, please check me; I might be low . . . Then we could all relax more!
    I hope your vet conversation is fruitful:cat:

I love big paws. Tina can make big paws, bigger than any of my other kit cats.

Figaro, dog, no way!!

Figaro's Liz likes this.
  7. Penelope and Mačka

Penelope and Mačka Well-Known Member

I would be more concerned if he was losing weight and not eating!
    If he gains weight, my understanding is that at least the diabetes is "controlled" enough that he doesn't lose some.
    I hope his numbers go down soon.

Figaro's Liz likes this.