8/12 Leo AMPS 281

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sonia & Leo, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Previous condo - July 19th

Good morning!

I can't believe how much time has passed by since my last post, I could have sworn it was just a few days. :rolleyes:

Although Leo seems to be feeling just fine, a few yellows have been creeping up lately amidst the blues and greens so we increased his dose. I'm pretty sure he has been getting less insulin since I started using calipers because his numbers started going up slowly but surely after I started using them.

We decided to try half of .25u and increased by .12u. This morning’s yellow was higher still and I’m wondering if it could be new dose wonkiness or did we make the wrong decision in trying a half of the normal increase?

I guess we’ll find out in the next couple of days…

Wishing all the beans and kitties a beautiful week!

Vines and hugs sent to Stephanie for the loss of her sweet kitty Luna. :(

Sue and Luci and Suzanne Burton like this.
  2. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice to see you back ! :)
    Come on Leo, summer vacations are over; you have to get back to work! Mamma is waiting to see what you can do! :cool:
    Have a very good day, Sonia!

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck with the new dose. Leo will get back on track. At least you know he's getting a consistent dose now.

ETA: You may want to make a note on your SS when you started using calipers. I didn't see one.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  4. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Good luck with the new dose!

5. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Even using calipers the dose is more consistent but really can't tell for sure when doing the half unit doses.

You might want to give it a few cycles yet.

I'm doing the same right now on Ollie. Added .125 to her dose and she has had green daily. Not much but at least daily now. I also know it takes many days for her to work the dose consistently. Her cycle 3 and 4 were all blue but she got over that. Now she is under the weather so I will just let it be for noe.

6. Sonia & Leo

Thanks Judy!

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  7. Sonia & Leo

I know what you mean, before calipers I was relying on the unit marks on the syringes so he was probably getting around 3.25, sometimes more and sometimes less and it kind of balanced out. We started using calipers right before going away for five days so I reduced his dose then brought him back up to 3.25 with the calipers and then I started noticing his numbers going up slowly.

I'm going to take it slow because I don't feel comfortable making a decision after only 6 cycles, I think Leo's like Ollie and takes a bit longer to react to increases.

Sorry Olive is not feeling that great, I hope she gets over it soon. :bighug:

Sue and Luci likes this.
  8. Sonia & Leo

Thanks Carla! I did have it in there but waaaaayyyyy back in June, lol. Time is just flying by! I wish there was 30 hours in a day instead of 24!

9. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Wow it's hard to believe it's been that long since you've been using calipers. I hear you on the hours in a day.

10. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Dear Leo - yellow seriously isn't your color. You look so much better in blue and green. You are so beautiful. But... Go check the mirror when wearing yellow. Not for you.
    Sonia is taking great care of you Leo!
    I love my calipers. So consistent.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  11. Sonia & Leo

Leo promised to ditch the yellow just for Tina Marie because she's looks so beautiful in blue!

12. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Well hi there Sonia! Long time no hear :) Glad to see you're back....but not with Leo wearing Luci's favorite color! That girl just doesn't want to let go of her yellow rags! Sorry to see that he's taken to liking it now...hope you can get him back down to the beach soon :)

Take care mama! Give that lovely Leo a scritch from us :)

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  13. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Good luck with the new dose! Come on Leo, work it!

Sonia & Leo likes this.