8/12 Loudogg - AMPS 117 +4 153 +9.5 146 PMPS 144 +3 131 - We're HOME!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amanda and a Loudogg, Aug 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

August 11, 2018 Condo - Full day at the farm!

Hello everyone!

We made it home in one piece!!! Lou did absolutely beautifully at the farm! My only beef was he didn't eat as much as he would normally. We had some action last night and I did another BCS this morning of 2.5u because I was afraid of him going low again during the drive. He did much better on the drive home, no accidents, but apparently, he still likes to be loudly talkative most of the trip. Ugh! Haha. My ears are still kind of ringing.

Now I need advice. Originally we were going to up his dose back to 3.5u tonight to get him back on track. Regardless of the BCS, he still hit 59 last night, which I was really surprised about. I was chuffed to bits that he stayed below 200 the entire time (SCORE!). Do you think the 3.5u depot was still in play to cause last night's fun? If so, it feels like the BCS didn't do much of anything. Should I go back up to the 3.5u this evening or do you think we should go lower??

Thanks in advance! I hope you all are having a wonderful day! I can't wait to get back into the swing of things. :cat:

2. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hi Amanda. Welcome back! Even with the BCS dose, the higher dose could have still been at play. And with him not eating as well, could have contributed to him going lower last night. But, that said, 59 was a safe number and where it appeared in the cycle at around nadir was nice and he surfed nicely for you the rest of the cycle.

Was he stressed while you were away? Some kitties go lower when they are stressed rather than higher.

I think I would go back to the 3.5 dose. And I think it's just a matter of time until he earns a reduction fair and square.

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad you made it back safely.
    Ear plugs work great for a talkative kitty in a car.

I agree with Bobbie. Lou not eating as much probably contributed to his numbers and the higher dose could have still been in play.

4. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

Awesome! That's was I was thinking, but I figured I'd check before possibly giving him too much. He was stressed on the trip up and for a couple of hours Friday night, but overall he did really well! I am sure he was stressed to some degree most of the time, but he was only visibly stressed on Friday and then today in the car. Thank you Bobbie and Carla!

Sigh! I am SO excited to be home! :joyful:

Sonia & Leo and Bobbie And Bubba like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.