8/12 Tina AMPS 152 +5 119 PMPS 154 +3 116

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tina Marie (GA) and Jan, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Good morning! The doctor was red faced when he first walked in, then he gave me a big hug.
    I was going to ignore the diabetes but he wanted to talk about it - thinks she's doing great. He likes seeing numbers under 180. Would love to have access to her spreadsheet. He's not really sold on the Zobaline, but says it can't hurt; he used the word spurious to describe it, meaning Zobaline could be getting credit for healing, when having better glucose numbers is the real healer. (I'll continue using anyway.)
    I also let him do a blood test to check heart function - Pro BNP.
    He gave us a trial of Gabapentin.
    He wants me to ask the cardiologist about supplementing her thyroid. Says he has never done that after I-131 radiation treatment. But IF her heart function blood test is good, I'm wondering if we should go. May have to revisit the thyroid.
    Overall a good visit. I just want to relax now. Tina sure is relaxing; the gaba may be knocking her out - eek.

Have the best day possible and love thy cat.

2. Jerry dutchboy

Jerry dutchboy Well-Known Member

Fabulous news, so glad it went well. :bighug:

3. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Great the visit went so well! Relax and enjoy this beautiful day now! :bighug:

4. Sam & Oscar

Sam & Oscar Member

Glad it all went well!

5. Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA)

Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA) Well-Known Member

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad the vet visit went well. Enjoy the rest of your day with Tina.

7. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

He's actually right to some degree.....if the BG stays too high, even the Zobaline isn't really going to do much...Getting the BG under control is the most important thing so the body isn't continuing to destroy nerve cells so the Zobaline can start to work on repairing the already damaged ones.

Sounds like a good vet visit overall!!

8. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

YES! Completely agree. I read (I know, reading doesn't make it true) that a controlled diabetic cat given Zobaline might show improvement in two weeks. I am aiming high, but know that neuropathy can be pretty stubborn. Maybe a controlled cat will start to improve in two weeks without it. Hard to know for certain. I'm being stubborn and thinking Zobaline will help.
    China's picture is so very precious:rb_icon:

9. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Glad the vet visit went well!