8.13 Nelli AMPS 109; +3.45 57 *NEW problem :-|

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Krystina & Nelli, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Krystina & Nelli

Krystina & Nelli Well-Known Member

yesterday
    A new problem...
    Nelli completely disinterested in eating. Ate very little yesterday. Got progressively worse :(... no PM meal- must have gone to sleep hungry :(
    This morning, out and about pre dawn. I leave the door a little ajar, shell come in about a half hour later, walk into kitchen and eat her little snack before she comes see me for shot, test and full meal. Daily routine.
    Not this morning. I fell deep back asleep and when I woke up and looked at clock- freaked :woot:.
    Nelli was still outside sitting on front porch? Brought her in for the routine. She skipped the snac, ate very little of her meal. I sprinkled a tablespoon of her favorite, all-time fave Kibble’s on top.
    Ate maybe two or three then walked away- I ended up in feeding her by hand, aggressively taking the food from my hand,which I only was able to keep her interest in maybe at fat tablespoon full then she walked away :( Just has no interest in food? She’s got to be hungry o_O

Not constipated. I can tell by her belly, when I pick her up and she is not bloated… I can tell otherwise that she is not constipated. Good thing.
    Diabetes is well regulated.
    Her energy level is up there as high as it gets when recent Adequin and Bupe? She is walking all around the place outside- took long (for her) walk with me to take garbage down to street... only when she is feeling good do I see this.
    Posture is good- sitting up tall (lookin’ pretty)
    No throwing up.
    No mouth antics (acid reflux)
    Only other thing which has gotten progressively noticeable is that she is drinking water a lot? Her diet consist of 70 something percent water to begin with and then I always add water to her meals?
    I guess I need to bring her in to get blood work done, sooner the better?
    I fear if labs look normal, good... the next step is US. Her vet knows I do not want to know if discovered, ever, that she has cancer. She could have something else going on which of course would be treatable so that’s why I would have the US done, if necessary :nailbiting:
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/b1UKMcfdGAxPSQwo9

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  2. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

You've caught all this (the drastic part) change right away, and you are willing and ready to do something. What a great start for her.
    Maybe she has a sick tummy and that's it. All else sounds like she is feeling pretty good.
    If she is lying down and staying by the water bowl, I would make a doctor appointment just to be safe.
    Prayers - Nellie is a sweet doll.

Krystina & Nelli likes this.
  3. Krystina & Nelli

Thank you Jan :)
    How did you know she lies down by her water bowl?!? o_O

4. Krystina & Nelli

Left food outside for her- Went outside to check... she ate most! Left mostly kibbles (food was mostly Dar chix and goat milk) :) :cat: :bighug:

5. Krystina & Nelli

Boy, lots of mostly, most in last post?!? :eek:

6. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

Hi Always think POSITIVE THOUGHTS!!!!:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

7. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Since her glucoses look great, could it be Nelli is starting to self regulate her eating? Remember when the are unregulated they are super hungry because they can not metabolize food properly.

Ollie is doing the same thing, She is grazing more instead of chowing down constantly. The microchip feeder thanks again @Bobbie And Bubba and @Osha really helps. I put her food in it and she can get it when she wants and the others can't get at it.

8. Krystina & Nelli

I hope so Paula. I just dread going to the vet because as much as I like my vet and feel comfortable... but of course is in the business to make money and order test which if I question discover they’re not completely necessary at the time. It has been recommended to me back since she had that acid reflex, constant, to have an ultrasound done. I think I feel a Swollen mass, it’s elongated like poop might feel....near back of ribs close to spine… This may just be my imagination.
    I researched feline anatomy and discovered where colon was- only way I can feel if constipated is to go under her ribs.

Olive & Paula likes this.
  9. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

This is hard to say, literally. I lost my almost 19 year old, otherwise healthy, but very arthritic girl, soon after she started that habit in January. My intuition told me it was her time to go and when I took her to the ER, I didn't have blood work done. She was very very weak. This really hurts to think about; I was wanting to help you somehow. It hurts thinking I should have done more.
    I was really hoping someone could have the magic answer.
    Could you call the vet and tell them what she is doing?

There is a great chance I am wrong thinking there is any correlation at all, to what I experienced with my non-diabetic kitty.

10. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Nelli ate some for you. I hope she's just having an off morning and continues to eat. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug:

11. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

She is fine now it sounds like!!! Sure hope so!

12. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

I think a vetty visit and some BW is in order. The drinking excessively could be she is starting with CKD. I hope she will start eating better for you.

13. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

I hope Nelli is feeling better this evening. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

14. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

I hope you find answers soon even though I know it's hard to go to the vet. I thought similarly before working at the vet - that vets just want my money and want to do all the tests. But now, I know it's really the only way for them to give you a definitive answer as to what's going on. Of course, they can try to treat the symptoms but we all know, that with our diabetic cats, getting them back to health is much more important now than before their diabetes.

15. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member