8/14 DAVIDSON PMPS 119, +2.5-94, +4-73, +6-55, +7-57, +8-62

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Shawna & Davidson (GA), Aug 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

3. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Well, it's golf day so we know what that means............haha, nope not this time as Davidson's BG is purrfect!! However I'm taking him to the Vet as he's been limping a few days and he does have arthritis, as does Harley at 16.5 yrs young. I ran out of the glucosamine a couple weeks ago and see that it works and more is arriving Friday. Today he is not moving - not even to eat. No signs of pain and it looks like his foot is a bit inflamed, so rather then take chances since he's good at hiding pain - it's off to the vet.

This is a good thing as I am changing their schedule from yearly to every 6 months due to being "geriatrics" now, LOL........I'm having a geriatric blood panel done and they can look at his leg/foot. He's purring away and sticking out his tongue as he always does. I know it's nothing to do with FD and he must have sprained something while jumping for tests as he's not as young as he thinks he is......maybe I have to limit his testing or test him on the floor..........I've checked for dehysration, nope - felt for breaks - nope, lethargic - nope, so don't think it's anything serious.

Harley goes for his geriatric tests next week........then in 6 months we'll do it all again.

He's pulled a 56 at +3.5 and maybe he'll earn a reducie??

4. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

Well goodness! It must be golf day because there always seems to be plenty of excitement! Best of luck at the vet today! I hope everything checks out okay. :bighug:

5. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Davidson's full geriatric blood work results are in tomorrow, and Harley goes for his blood work.........they are getting older and even though in great health blood work tells it all.

Vet said Davidson is in great shape and he can feel both his and legs have arthritis, which is what xrays last year showed. Due to age it will progressively get worse and more then likely since I ran out of the glucosamine supplement I've been giving him, it's more noticeable. We're back on it now and he's sure with regular doses of that he will improve his mobility, but there is inflammation in the joints which could have been tweaked by jumping and landing on my hardwood floors. Everything else is purfect and hopefully there are no other issues which will be determined by the lab results........

Oh - they said it was a treat getting blood from him, he just purred away and was so passive, haha - wait until Harley gets there, he growls and gets mad!!

6. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

considering the vet visit this morning, Davidson's +7 is great even with the stress factor..........:bighug:

7. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

What a great report! I hope the bloodwork comes back negative for you!

8. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Sorry, I accidentally posted this question on my Aug

Question - the Vet manipulated Davidson’s legs pretty well and I’m sure he’s in discomfort since he’s just be laying down. He suggested metacam until the glucosamine kicks in again, however that’s pretty strong. He mentioned a couple more and I’ll get the names tomorrow when I’m there but wondering if anyone can suggest something that’s not as harsh. It can be an anti inflammatory prescribed or a pain med that doesn’t interfere with the Lantus.

Thanks in advance.

9. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Higher numbers could be from discomfort Davidson is in due to vet manipulating his leg during his visit today. I'm sure there is some pain as he's limping around pretty good and hope he settles down for tomorrow............he'll rest and laze around listening to music tonight

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  10. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Nice numbers today Davidson

11. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

RE: MSM...........Here is what Harley and Davidson have been on for 2 yrs, but I ran low a few weeks ago and I believe not using is has brought back Davidson's joint stiffness and discomfort - hence the Vet visit today. He's back on it:

https://purica.com/products/recovery-extra-strength-small-animal-powder/

I swear by this stuff as both H&D have arthritis and only now since I ran out do I see the direct affects it has on Davidson. Can't wait for it to get going thru his body again - will take a week or so........

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  12. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

How about that! The proof is in the pudding! ( where the heck did that saying come from??

13. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Fed 1 tsp FF at +7 pms

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.