8/14 Sebastian AMPS 247 +3 227 +6 188 +9 211 PMPS 263 +2 306 ketones 0.6

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Justin & Sebastian, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Justin & Sebastian

Justin & Sebastian Well-Known Member

Yesterday

AMPS 247, ketones 0.8, 11lbs 11.5oz. Better ketone numbers. BG still not budging.

I'm going to pop over to the main health forum and start a thread about the ketone readings. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the info I got yesterday. I need to understand the "why" of it.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  2. Justin & Sebastian

227@+3, ketones still 0.8.

3. Justin & Sebastian

188@+6, ketones 0.6. Finally a blue, and ketones going down.

4. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

Hooray for blue! I am SO glad to see the ketones numbers went down from yesterday. I'll pop over to your other post to see the discussion about ketones. One thing to note about ketones is they show up in the blood before they ever show in the urine, so there wouldn't be a direct conversion from the blood ketones meter to the urine ketostix. Since they show up in the blood first, that's why the negative range can be higher (up to 2.4) before they're considered trace ketones. It can all be so nerve-wracking regardless of the situation. I hope Sebastian can start working that juice a bit more and those blood ketones numbers continue to improve!!

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  5. Justin & Sebastian

211@+9, ketones 0.3. Looks like we're out of the woods on the ketones now. And it's nice to see an actual BG curve again. Just gotta get it a bit lower, hopefully we get there as the 5u depot settles in.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  6. Sam & Oscar

Sam & Oscar Member

Cute new picture! Good work today Sebastian! Glad to see the ketones came down for ya!

7. Justin & Sebastian

PMPS 263, 11lbs 6oz, ketones 0.9. You'd think I'd know better then to say something and jinx it by now. Going to give him another bubble and a little R tonight.

8. Justin & Sebastian

Got him all juiced up. He seems like he might be a bit constipated. He's pooping but the volume is pretty small compared to normal and it looks darker and dryer.

9. Justin & Sebastian

306@+2, ketones 0.6. Why you purple?