8/15 Uncle AMPS 398 +2 342, PMPS 142, +2.5 203 *long post *

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Barbara & Uncle (GA), Aug 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barbara & Uncle (GA)

Barbara & Uncle (GA) Well-Known Member

Uncle is full of surprises! I didn't expect this number for his PMPS since I didn't and don't think the red & pink numbers were related to a bounce.

Had a great conversation with my vet today. She was very supportive of my decision to end the Zeniquin before completing the entire course, because of my assessment of Uncle's condition while on them. She agreed that we should concentrate on getting him back in good spirits with an appetite and get going with and evaluating the effectiveness of the heart meds. She said when we were ready she would definitely do an ultrasound if that was my preference to try to determine if Uncle has a kidney infection first before starting another round of ABs. First things first though.
    She wants me to come in on Friday for the EKG/ECG recheck so that both she and the other Dr at her practice will be there. She wants her other doc to meet & familiarize herself with Uncle and I. I get to be there while they do the tests. She also got in touch with the cardiologist today to report the BG spike in Uncle and ask about the possibility of any heart meds could cause an increase in Uncle's BG levels. He said no, they shouldn't and he has never seen it happen before.

Now the plot thickens... I got a call from Boehringer Ingelheim and they said that
    "The Vetmedin product is actually going to be an off label product for diabetics and felines (which I knew). In regards to your question on whether or not there is any malto-dextrine or artificial sweeteners that could raise your pets blood sugar level, it does have cornstarch, however it doesn't contain any simple sugars or sugar alcohol so we would not expect that to create a change, however there's no study for use in diabetic animals, specifically felines but once again we don't expect for it to create a change in your pet's blood sugar level."
    They also gave me a case number and said if I had more questions to have my vet give them a call.

So...I thought aha maybe cornstarch, but then I got his PMPS. Very mysterious. Well it's already time to get a +2.

2. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

That's not a long post. You should go back and look at some of mine! :rolleyes:

I love it when you actually get responses that are worth something from a manufacturer.

3. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Barbara, many, many hugs to you and Uncle. You are doing fantastic and the knowledge you are getting will not only help you (help Uncle) but others here in the future. :bighug::bighug:

It sounds like you have a gem of a vet (or team of vets). That is wonderful and really helps ease (some of) the stress and anxiety.

Have they taken Uncles blood pressure? Sorry if you have answered - I could keep up with all the kitties here if I spent 100% of my time reading, but alas, I have to work :joyful:.

Uncle you are doing good bud, keep it up. :cat:

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I agree. That's not a long post.

I'm so glad your vet is working with you on this. It will be interesting to see if the high numbers were just a blip or happen again. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug:

5. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

More prayers and healing vines for Uncle, hugs for you! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Barbara & Uncle (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.