8/16 Uncle AMPS 364 (2 hrs late!) , +3.5 232, +6 236, PMPS 214, +3 208

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Barbara & Uncle (GA), Aug 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barbara & Uncle (GA)

Barbara & Uncle (GA) Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...-398-2-342-pmps-142-2-5-203-long-post.182350/

I got all of Uncle's meds set up and given EXCEPT INSULIN this morning :blackeye:
    In all the fuss with everything else, I forgot to give him his shot. Went to test him at "+2" and there was the needle sitting in the cup that I place it in after drawing up the dose :banghead:. So...he got it 2 hours late. I will try to slowly work it back, one half hour a day.
    It's nice to see him out of pink, we'll see where he goes from here.
    Appetite not great today but I got him to finish his portions by crumbling some freeze dried beef liver in them.
    Sorry I haven't replied or checked in on more kitties today. Long day and feeling exhausted. I will try to catch up tomorrow. Hope all kitties surf safe :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

You're not the first and you won't be the last!! I think everyone here has done that!!

Good to see he's recovering nicely but I know you're kicking yourself....one bit of advice....kicking yourself just leads to bruises, aches and pains and nobody needs that!! Shake it off!!

Barbara & Uncle (GA) likes this.
  3. Barbara & Uncle (GA)

Thanks Chris, actually doing pretty good this time shaking it off. I know these things happen and especially when most of us CGs are sleep deprived -it's understandable. I forget who it was that got up to test their cat one night and accidentally/automatically drew up and gave another dose at +2. I remember thinking "that could be me one of these days :nailbiting:".
    Hope miss China is doing great. We'll get back to the lagoon just as soon as we can to hang out!!!

4. Barbara & Uncle (GA)

@LizzieInTexas & @Marje and Gracie
    Keep meaning to answer your questions about Uncle's blood pressure
    Yes they took it, it was part of the cardio exam. Here are the results, I have no idea if it's good or not. They made a note "hissing during assessment"

SYSTEMIC BLOOD PRESSURE (petMAP graphic II)
    Blood Pressure 156/116 mmHg
    MAP 134 mmHg
    Heart Rate 223 BPM

(his heart rate was 208 BPM by way of the ECG measurement)

5. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

I don't know. I know when Gizmo's was taken it was ~175 and vet said that was good. Heart beats seem high but again, I have no idea.

Lol. Well, he still has his fight. My vet says that is always a good thing.

Maybe @Doodles & Karen or @Wendy&Neko will know or know a member who can chime in.

So glad Uncle is doing good. Sorry about the late shot and good you are taking it in stride. Hang in there :bighug:

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

At least you realized you missed the shot. I once found a syringe full of insulin the next day and wasn't sure if I missed the AM or PM shot. Nice to see those yellow tonight.

7. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

I don't know a lot about BP but do believe the Enalapril he's taking helps address that piece. It's OK to hiss at the vetty's Uncle.

8. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

His BP is in the “normal” range but I put that in quotes as the enalapril should have dropped it a bit more than that. But....it’s fine. The MAP (mean arterial pressure) is a titch high. High normal is 125. But its a calculation using the formula: diastolic BP + 1/3 (systolic pressure – diastolic pressure)
    I would think if his systolic and diastolic BP measurements have any vet stress in them, the MAP would also show this. I think as long as his systolic BP is less than 160, I’d not worry.

Many members that have been around a while will remember this story but I’ll post it again so you might have a bit of a laugh today. When we were new and I was so exhausted, I got up early one morning to do Gracie’s T/F/S and instead of putting her rice sock in the microwave, I put her glucometer in there. It took about 2 seconds for it to melt (thank God I didn’t start a fire). I was at the pharmacy door when they opened at 7 to get a new one since 7 was her shot time!!

9. Barbara & Uncle (GA)

Okay, that one definitely takes the cake!!! And, YES, I am having a laugh.

Thanks for demystifying the BP results for me. Also wanted to let you know that Uncle just started the Enalapril (along with the other heart meds) just four days AFTER the EKG/ECG test results came back so hopefully they are doing the job now. Tomorrow morning is his next EKG/ECG to see if the Sotalol dose is good.

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  10. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

We can all use a laugh here!

I'm glad he's having a good response to the meds!!! Good luck today!

11. Tanya and Ducia

Tanya and Ducia Well-Known Member

If it is of any consolation: a while ago one mama bean was not feeling well and her DH wanting to be nice to her give a kitty her shot and left for work.Left no note. A bit later mama bean got up and gave another shot as scheduled. :eek:That was a day!
    You'll get back to schedule in no time, Barbara!:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.