8/18 Biscuits'amps 258 +2.5 254 +9 330 R-0 5 pmps 378 40 u +3 348

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mollycat, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Mollycat

Mollycat Member

Yesterday
    Looking better today
    Going to increase tonight

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I just posted in your condo from yesterday. I tried to respond to your questions to Marje.

3. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Good luck with doscrease

4. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

C'mon Biscuit work the juice.

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

First, sorry I haven’t around much, had a family emergency requiring me to be out of town for a week. I am just back and catching up on life and destressing. It will take me a while to get back up to speed on things here.

First, a cat needs however much insulin they need. We have seen acros on more than twice what Biscuits gets. People with cats on on higher doses generally use a combination of the L insulins and R. Have you given up on the idea of a switch to Levemir? Back to R, the reason it is good to use in combination with L is that if insulin needs drop, such as tumour pulse or treatment such as cabergoline starts working, you are left with a smaller depot than if the entire dose had been given with just the L insulin,

I agree with Paul that you can experiment with a higher R scale now, provided you can test more. I see multiple R scales on the spreadsheet, but only two with dates above them. which scale are you using now?

6. Mollycat

Mollycat Member

I don't understand what R scales are , you'll have to explain that to me. It looks like levimir is as costly as Lantus. I have a discount card for Lantus . I'm still considering cabergoline .

7. Wendy&Neko

Look at the fourth tab on your spreadsheet.

8. Mollycat

Mollycat Member

I see it . Not sure what to do with it . Is this something I should have been doing all along?

9. Wendy&Neko

It’s a good idea to have a record of what R dose you are shooting at a particular BG value. This can be different if shooting at L preshot time vs later in the cycle.

10. Mollycat

Mollycat Member

I put the R on the SS.