8/2 Butternut AMPS=365 +4=390 PMPS=240

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dandelion, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Dandelion

Dandelion Member

yesterday

Butternut is walking all over the house this morning and even TROTTED to his bowl! :joyful: Butternut doesn't trot. Period. He was hungry and eager to scarf down his FF.
    It's helping so whatever it takes we'll do.

We all slept more last night. His numbers higher after having a higher carb good last night but he's much different this morning. :bighug:He's got his legs... at least right now. I hope that this continues to improve.

Studying his SS today and will consider input given about dose increase. Thanks. :)

2. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

I think... I would increase but let's see what the experts say :smuggrin:

The 41 does throw me off. But sometimes Ming gives me high lime numbers when in the beginning of a new dose. But usually just on the cusp of 50 and not as low as 41.

3. Dandelion

Dandelion Member

There are so many variables to this and right now my gut instinct is to hold one steady -insulin dose - for a day or two more while I change his foods and see what happens. Otherwise it seems one wouldn't know which variable is having an impact or the most impact or whatever. Its been one day since Ive given carby foods for all meals. I can see the difference already, esp this morning. Also re-regulation takes time.
    The votes are coming in for more insulin so I suppose that's what will happen soon.

4. Dandelion

Dandelion Member

That 41 was the signal to lower the dose and now he supposedly needs more insulin. this is where I get confused.

the lows come after physical exertion - walks, struggling with the vet really tanks him. Doesn't take much for him to go hypo if he ramps up demand for glucose in his muscles.
    My instinct is to go slowly and allow him to adjust to this regimen and also to his increased interest to exert himself physically. Am letting him guide me ... his behavior and desire for more movement, what those movements look like, demeanor, etc.
    What I see in his blue and green numbers is more acceptable levels of serum glucose but his body is starving. Pilling on carbs is helping, the current level of insulin is def helping move that to his cells but might not be adequate yet. I get that. :)

5. Dandelion

Dandelion Member

On 7/28 The nadir in the first cycle = PMPS and 2 hours later the nadir(41) for the second cycle occurred. Also PMPS+1<PMPS so his pattern had changed too... decrease instead of increase. I know those lows are coming now due to his SS data. They still suck though. :stop:

Off to get variety of carby food supplies for dosecrease.

6. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

I remember when Ollie trotted the first couple of times. I wasn't sure what I was seeing. Then one day she pounced on a toy. It was great to see after so many months of feeling bad.

Perry & Jenn likes this.
  7. Dandelion

Dandelion Member

going for the .25 dose increase @ PMPS tonight. :cat:

Bellasmom likes this.
  8. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It's great to hear Butternut is moving around more. Good luck with the new dose.

Dandelion likes this.