8/2 Rosie AMPS 156 +3 165

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Carol in Chicago, Aug 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

We are still relaxing up north. Relaxing may not be the right term, there is never a shortage of work to do!

Rose as had an increase while we have been here, which means I did have one very late night. I was able to monitor and she was safe with no intervention other than her regular food schedule (auto-feeder). The other change in her routine has been an increase in pilocarpine. She is now taking this for constipation based on the experience shared by @Judy and Boomer. She started with 2 drops / day and now is at 3 drops / day. She no longer takes cisipride as I'm finding this to be easier and effective. ;)

Sending vines and hope to those in need.

Previous.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It sounds like you are all doing well. I hope you are enjoying relaxing.

Carol in Chicago likes this.
  3. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Great to hear the pilocarpine is working for Rosie!

4. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice to hear Rose is doing well!

5. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

I'm happy it has helped! Is the pilocarpine the only med you're using for constipation? I only give it if Allen hasn't pooped in 48 hours but then I also give cisapride each day, lactulose, and miralax.

6. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

Rose gets miralax and lactulose daily. I have replaced Cisipride with pilocarpine. I found Cisipride wasn't consistently effective. It seemed to become less effective toward the bottom of the bottle. It was supposed to be given 30 min before meals 2x per day. It was refrigerated and given by syringe. The pilocarpine is given 1x per day and mixed directly in her food, so it is way easier for me. It is also cheaper so I am a fan! Thanks for sharing this find. My vet was not familiar with using it this way, but was willing to prescribe it for Rose based on the great feedback on VIN.

Her BG is very significantly correlated to constipation, so we have to stay on top of it and I need all the help I can get. ;)

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  7. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

So great to see you! Hugs to you and kittens! :bighug::cat::bighug:

8. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

Thanks! Are you back home? All is well? I have been worried about you being so far away from Bronx. :bighug:

9. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Got home this morn, my pet sitters did great, but he is stuck in the pinks. Thanks for asking Carol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.