8/23 DAVIDSON pmps 199, +2-162, +4-106, +6-81, +7-80

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Shawna & Davidson (GA), Aug 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

Condo: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...mps-129-2-147-3-5-98-4-5-77-6-66-8-74.201468/

The night started off poorly, Davidson was not feeling well at all and no walking. He did eat and drink so that's a good thing. He didn't look very well and I really thought he was going downhill. Sometime after 1:30 at least he got up and pee'd in the LB 2' away........phew, not on my rug or hardwood, lol.

This morning he got his shot and started to eat but something he doesn't like at all and it's the phosphorous supplement, YUCK - refuses to eat the food as he smells or tastes it. That's better then not having the RenalCare as this is what he needs to increase his potassium levels. The Vet said the phos. suppl. (Alum. Hydr) isn't necessary at this moment, but will be soon as they both are on the verge of going into the range they need it............I'll reduce that dose for now as he needs to get his leg strength back and can only do this by getting the potassium back up.

Considering what he's going thru, I'm happy with the BG blue zone this morning as he's adjusting from his big hypo day yesterday, the new dose, and the supplements - not to mention new food.

As for sleeping on the floor, that lasted a few hrs and I moved to the couch. Harley decided sleeping on top of me was comfortable since I was taking up his side of the couch, so he slept well! Reminds me of the younger days of camping - now I know why I don't camp!

Davidson walked a bit this morning and his back legs appeared to be a bit stronger, he sat and ate for the first half, so he's getting some support.

Now I have to make a spread sheet for the supplement feeding cuz when I start splitting up the dose portions per feeding I can' remember who got what and when, lol - so work to do shortly.

Hope you all had an uneventful evening and Davidson better stay away from the sharks today!

2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

I hope Davidson gets to feeling better soon, sending lots of healing vines and :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Nice start!

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Davidson is doing better this morning. I hope he keeps improving. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Glad he is better today.

5. Joanne&TinySole

Joanne&TinySole Well-Known Member

So happy to know that Davidson is doing better today and that you are feeling some relief about his conditions.
    Sending love and healing light to you both.

6. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Keep feeling better and better Davidson :bighug::bighug::bighug:

7. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

OMG.........after a terrifying night of looking at Davidson and thinking I was going to loose him, he's now back standing and walking. He's not walking around aimlessly, but he's not collapsing and his legs are holding him up. He was always eating and drinking which are good signs, and used his LB - even better, phew! Today I fed at more intervals with smaller supplement doses and will continue that. In the past hour he's been attentive, wide eyed and not laying there passed out. He's responding to "cookies" and looks like the old Davidson. THAT WAS SCARY! Now I can sleep in my own bed, haha. I'm assuming the potassium supplement has kicked in and the pain meds are out of his system. So far his BG is doing well and not affected by any stress this other crap is giving him and hopefully he will keep up the momentum he's built.

THANKS for your support and well wishes, they are all GREATLY appreciated.

I'm going for a ride on my HD as it's a great stress reducer, and that way they're close to me under my arse! At least for a couple hours...........lol.

8. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Nice to come home from a ride and see Davidson laying in the sun together with Harley on the couch! He seems to be feeling better as time goes on..........hopefully he's over this hurdle.

Sonia & Leo and Idjit's mom like this.
  9. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Davidson is doing better, walking more and more and back to jumping on the desk. What a difference a day makes! He's getting his potassium supplement and still detests the Alum Hydr so he's getting half the dose since that one is for prevention.

I gather the high PMPS number is from yesterdays super low hypo day? I'm hoping he comes back down to normal soon

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  10. Rebecca.garfie

Rebecca.garfie Member

Glad to hear he's slowly coming around and feeling better. Glad to hear

11. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

I sent you a pm.....the kidney disease site is https://www.felinecrf.org
    Great place and if you think there is a lot of reading on this message board - you ain’t seen nothing yet! :bookworm:

12. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Wow, Shawna, this reminds me of Forrest when he lost the ability to walk after he passed a HUGE hard feces the size of a golf ball. The radiologist said he damaged the obturator nerve and his ability to walk was intermittent.

Well, what ever is happening, I am glad he is better and hope he stays better!

13. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Thanks Bobbie! Well, now when I go golfing I’m going to think about Forrest hahaha. He’s doing well with his legs, and I guess the supplement works as he’s at least walking. Pretty scary night and I really thought I was going to lose him. Happy he’s here with me purring away and if he’d stop jumping he’d be better. Now got to get back on track with his numbers, then again he can be what ever he wants after last night. Well, at least for a couple of days.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  14. Rebecca.garfie

Rebecca.garfie Member

Thanks will check it out. I love reading so this will be up my alley. Paper and pen ready for note taking

15. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Best buy a big supply of paper and pens..............wait, what are those things - computer, ipad, tablet and phones are the way to go now!

16. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Glad Davidson is feeling better! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.