8/23 Diarrhea "update" no better

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by housecats4, Aug 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. housecats4

housecats4 Well-Known Member

Poor Muggins has some very loose poop today and he is Maine coon so you know the mess .Just wondering if it keeps up what I could give him may try a piece of pedic think I will may help his tummy. He had PC salmon which they all love thinking it does not agree with him so no more fish for a while for him Kath

2. laur+danny+horde

laur+danny+horde Member

Re: 8/22 Diarriea

what's pedic?

Usually some chicken breast simmered in water will stop the diarrhea. If it persists you should talk to the vet. They can test the poo for germs. My Coco had giardia recently which I wonder if he picked up at the vet since none of the others had it. Diarrhea can also be a symptom of constipation as the body tries to move the hard poo along.

PS you can get a hair trimmer at the pharmacy for like $15, I use the 1/4" trimmer since a groomer once told me that cat skin is very sensitive. Also the vet techs can do a "sanitary shave" in a snap if you have to take Muggins in.

good luck,
    laur

3. housecats4

Hello it has been 2 days now and Muggins is not doing any better have a vet appointment tomorrow.He seems to be feeling ok but not liking what I see in LB gave just boiled chichen today but he is not eating very much of this. Wondering if something beside pedic I could give him..Poor baby I know he is drinking so that is good. Any ideas anyone???? Thanks Kath

4. Taline & Bibo

Taline & Bibo Member

Hi Kath,
    It's probably nothing bad. Cats sometimes get diarrhea. When Bibo gets it, I give him amoxcicillin, (store it in the freezer), and it stops it in a day. I'm sure that's what the vet is gonna give you tomorrow. When you feed him his wet food, put more water in it, so he can get hydrated. Please don't worry, i donn't think it's anything serious. Best of health to Trey, and I'll pray for him. Love,

Taline

5. K.  Sya and Sophie (GA)

K. Sya and Sophie (GA) Member

My Sya had real issues with it. She is have an initial round of metrinidizole from the vet, but when it happened again, he put her on probiotics and that seems to have improved things a whole lot. She is the same way that she always seems to be feeling well she just gets these messy loose poops that are the wrong color. Since she started the probiotics though the bouts of it have decreased substantially in both frequency and duration.

6. housecats4

Just got back from vets full exam and can`t fine any problem so gave him Metronidsole 50mg every 12 hours 5 days and watch the LB....Took Mitzy with us and did Blood work full exam for her just not using LB like she should so checking out health before we move a LB up to the main floor......All in all and 200.00 later we wait for results... :mrgreen: Kath

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.