8/24 DAVIDSON PMPS 64, +2-70, +3-63, +4-56, +5-7 5, +7-87

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Shawna & Davidson (GA), Aug 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

2. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

:bighug:

Which pot supplement are you giving?

I will say this and it is just my observation with Gizmo. It seems his numbers have become a bit more unstable on the potassium. I have no way of know if it is all due to the pot because he has other variables. I do know that potassium can upset their tummies.

I started the potassium on 08/09. It is the first time I have been able to give it to him consistently (every cycle) because he would refuse food with other brands/types.

I would give the dose another couple of cycles to see what he can do with it

3. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Good Morning Shawna!
    Davidson looks like a 'low bouncer' to me - just looking at his SS with one eye squinted...he appears to hit a few higher numbers (although nothing like a lot of our kittiehs)...his highs are mid-high blues and toss in a low yellow or two after going low-lo...he'll probably settle back down in a day or three, don't you think? Overall he looks good though... :)

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It could be the supplement, or it could be a bounce, or a combination of both. I'd wait a couple of days and see if you see a pattern.

5. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Still, not a bad start:cool:

6. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

It’s called Renal K+, got it from Thriving Pets as someone on here recommended it. Funny, just looking at the jar and it’s made in Canada yet I had to buy it from USA where the distributor is. Crazy! I’ll distribute the dose over the day with each food serving. I see it makes him feel off....didn’t know it was a side affect, so thanks Liz

He handles bounces very well, back to the am/pm blues but too early to tell. There’s been a lot of changes in the past week with food, supplements and doses so he needs to get used to it all.

My main concern is he’s walking and back jumping onto the couch or bed and that’s more of an issue then the diabetes. Given my choice, I’d rather see high blues then have him unable to stand or walk.

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  7. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

I'm feeding Davidson more frequently so he gets the supplements (he thinks they are yucky) and also trying to keep his BG levels up a bit so he can get used to this dose and not drop too much as he's done lately. Hopefully he can surf a bit and slowly get used to the supplements.......he's doing much better again, and back to sleeping on my bed when I'm around the house. That's progress and he's walking more and more.........can't ask for anything else at this point!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  8. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Tonight's +5 is food spiked as Davidson just ate. He's been getting nauseous from the supplements (potassium) so I'm feeding more often in little bits and adding the suppl's a bit at a time.

FortiFlora - just gave it to H&D half hour ago with a feeding for the first time - have no idea what's in it but both Guys gobbled up their food, supplements and all. Guess they're getting this with each feeding too and I bought it from the Vet (Purina) and was told to give one packet per day each...........is that too much or should I give less?

9. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

If you are only giving it to get them to eat, you can sprinkle on a little bit at a time. If you are giving it for the probiotics, you'd want to give the whole packet.

10. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Tnx Carla, they are getting it as a probiotic - but works great as a feeding aid since Davidson doesn't like the Renal K+ whatsoever. The dose is one packet per day, so it's being spread out with the food

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.