8/24 Noodle AMPS 297 +4 35...+8.25 75 +10.5 52 +12 51 +12.25 43 +12.5 55 +13 51 Skip!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Patricia & Noodle, Aug 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patricia & Noodle

Patricia & Noodle Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/posts/1476685/

:eek::eek::eek:

Nice "out the door" test for my first workday back from vacation, Noodle! Guess she got used to having me around last week... Round 2 of HC now and another reducie earned. Will update more shortly, PC on the fritz.

2. Patricia & Noodle

Ok, on mobile now without a browser that freezes every 2 seconds!

Vacation went quite well. The car ride down was a little eventful as 2 hours in she decided she HATED being in the crate: panting, mewing, heart racing. I pulled her out on my lap in the backseat and she calmed down considerably. We had hit a section of highway that had a lot of bumps and I think it really freaked her out. The first two days at the vacation house were a little rocky and she needed much more than her usual crumb of cypro to get her eating, but she settled in and we didn't need any by the last day.

She earned a reduction a couple days in, too. I was worried it wouldn't hold and was just stress, but obviously it worked out! She was very spoiled and had lots of play time with my siblings and my cousins' kids. When we left, she knew she was bound for the death trap again and bolted under the bed, but we got her out and she was really good the car ride home.

Things were plugging along nicely until that test an hour ago! I retested twice (without treats! the horror!) and now she is mad, mad, mad and taking her HC under the bed.

Her Spec FPL from last week came back at 0.6, so that's normal at least. Her intestinal tract looked normal in her January ultrasound, but we may redo that if I can't find a food she will eat consistently. We cut her calories back as well since she was gaining on 225-250 (1lb since her dental) and that seems to help her appy. Maybe she was just full!

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Noodle surfs safely for you the rest of the day. Don't you hate it when they give us numbers like that when we need to leave. I'm glad you had a good trip and she settled down on the ride after you held her.

4. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Noodle, I know you don't want Mama to go back to tbp and leave you, but she has to earn money to pay for your treats, your food and other important stuff for you! Give her a break, 'k?

Surf safely, Noodle. I's watching! - Cinco, Deputy LagoonMeister

5. Patricia & Noodle

Thanks for visiting, Carla and Tricia. :bighug:

We're surfing along nicely. I'd like to have gotten a test at +7, but she was so not happy with me and is so miserable every time I pull her out from the bed that I decided to let her chill for a couple hours. The only time she got this upset with me was after her dental :( I hope I didn't hurt her too much with those retests.. or maybe it is just her guilt tripping me into extra treats, who knows. I never did make it out the door but got some sales done at home, I'll just have to work extra hard the rest of the week to make up for it. At least I got my planning done, right? My boss doesn't have to know.... :smuggrin:

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Welcome back Patricia. Just an observation, but it seems to me ike Noodle is visiting the lagoon a bit more often since she got over her dental. :D Congrats on the reduction. I guess Noodle got used to having you with her and didn't want you to leave for work.

7. Patricia & Noodle

I was looking at her spreadsheet as I updated today and had a similar thought *antijinx*x10000*! Her bounces are a lot shorter and if I can start to harness those morning bounces a little more, we might be looking at a pretty decent SS. I'm not sure what to do to get those under control though, maybe a higher carb LC to help the drops she still has? Hers is 2-4% right now. I'm actually surprised by the amount of data I got while I was gone, but it was very easy to pop up for a test between chapters on the beach :cool:

8. Patricia & Noodle

Normally, I wouldn't feed a 52, but with the day we've had today, how should I approach this coming up on PMPS? I've read the sticky on low numbers at PMPS, but still not super confident on how to handle it.
    FWIW: Earlier, I fed ~1.5 tbsp HC (gravy and shreds) at +4 and +4.75, nothing since. She had all her morning meals by +4.

9. Wendy&Neko

Maybe a double dip? I'd get maybe a +11 or 11.5 to get a heads up on PMPS. Can you delay a it tonight? Another option if still rather low is a BCS shot tonight to help drain the depot.

10. Patricia & Noodle

Couldn't get an in between test, but shes surfing at +12, I'm going to stall for 15 min, see where we are, and maybe BCS... she's on a tight rope here...

11. Patricia & Noodle

Nice double dip here, Noodle. Ugh! Gotta make it interesting. I fed 1-2tsp LC, just to see if she comes up a bit in 15. I will probably skip and feed if she doesn't. Thoughts?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  12. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

If you can't get off track with your shot time, I think skipping is a good idea.

13. Patricia & Noodle

Shot time doesn't matter as much this week since I'll have to move it a little later for work commitments Friday & Saturday anyways, but I'd selfishly rather not be up all hours tonight ;) We'll see where she is in a couple minutes, if she's still rising I may give a BCS. The 35 this morning gave me major pause and I'd rather not see those numbers tonight.

14. Wendy&Neko

:banghead::banghead:

Up Noodle UP!

15. Patricia & Noodle

Blech. Not up enough for my liking. Skip it is! And the happy cat gets food! Might do an 18 hour cycle if she starts zooming up within a few hours. Time will tell!

Wendy, she swears she'll listen when you tell her that one of these days. :facepalm:

16. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Well, she IS happy to be home! At least you'll get a good night's sleep tonight with that skip. I think I would opt for that, and not the 18 hour schedule, if I were you. If you go with 18 hours, you'd have to stay up pretty late to make sure she's not diving (or keep getting up to test).

17. Patricia & Noodle

I would prefer the skip, personally. I just always entertain the idea of getting her some insulin if she seems to really be skyrocketing at that point. Though I know its not likely I'll wake up. :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.