8/25 DAVIDSON PMPS 82, +2-131, +4.75-96, +6-91

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Shawna & Davidson (GA), Aug 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

Condo: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/8-24-davidson-pmps-64-2-70-3-63-4-56-5-7-5-7-87.201578/

Nice to see Davidson back into the lagoon to start is day. Ate all his foods with cuz it got sprinkled with FortiFlora, but he's back laying on the shower floor where he feels the cool temps, he's nauseous and will be for a bit............may ask the vet for another type of potassium supplement as the Renal K+ I bought online seems to have a the nausea side effect. They seem to constipate him a bit, so will give him the Restoralax to help him out.

He's almost back to normal with his walk, jumps up, back on the bed and couches and fully coherent again.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start for Davidson. :D Great to hear his walking is almost normal. I hope you can balance out the potassium and it making him nauseous. :bighug:

3. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

They all do. Unfortunately.

How are you giving it? You said powder yesterday. I am using the tablets (was hoping they would be small enough to pill him with but they are too large). I crush them up, add a little bit of hot water to dissolve and then add it all to the entire cycles food (I use a timed feeder).

Taste it. It is salty. The tablets seem to be the least salty out of all I have tried.

This is what I am using
    http://www.thrivingpets.com/index.php/renakare-2-meq-tablets-bottle-of-100.html

Don't use the gel. It has sugar in It.

4. Rebecca.garfie

Rebecca.garfie Member

Glad to hear Davidson is doing better. Keep on pawing Davidson !!

5. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

I’m using the powder, this is what I bought from same store, spreading it and mixing with food now over the course of the day

upload_2018-8-25_7-11-0.jpeg

6. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Nice start!

7. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Nice start there.

8. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

I've switched the Renal K+ to the vet supplied Avanti Kidney supplement to see if it reduced the nauseous side effects with Davidson.......the supplement for the potassium may be causing his BG's to go up - not sure?

9. Rebecca.garfie

Rebecca.garfie Member

That's the one garfie is on and he has no nausea at all. Hope it works for your guys

10. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Nice report on Davidson!

Interesting about the cool tile floor , Forrest recently started doing that and now I wonder if it was making him feel better. Kind of like the cool cloth on the head when you are nauseous.

I didn't realize the potassium can cause nausea. Good to know if ever Forrest has to take that supplement.

Keep up the good work Davidson!

11. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Yes, you gave it to me, lol..........we'll see but you get less then half the amount for over twice the price on line............I'll give it a few days

12. Rebecca.garfie

Rebecca.garfie Member

Come on Davidson beat that yucky feeling and let this work for you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.