? 8/26 Nelli PMPS 313 +3 211 +6/173/ +7 166 /+9 188

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Krystina & Nelli, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Krystina & Nelli

Krystina & Nelli Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
  2. Krystina & Nelli

3. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hi Krystina. Sorry no one was around to answer your post early this morning.

Nice cycle for Nelli! I think I would have hit the sack after the +6 since 176 is a nice safe number and it was around nadir which means the numbers usually only go higher after that point. Sshe did drop a tiny bit more the next test, but not enough to worry about as she started slowing down at that point.

She is likely to bounce up this morning from the big drop between the pre-shot number and +1. Bounces can happen from big, fast drops just as much as when the number lowers go lower than kitty is used to being in.

You will start getting comfortable with seeing these pretty blues and you will start to see a pattern with her numbers.

Today's AM cycle with be the 3rd cycle with the increase , so the depot will be getting full sometime around today or tonight's cycle and you'll be able to see what this dose is doing for her.

4. Krystina & Nelli

Thanks Bobbie, I appreciate you :)
    I am suspicious that Nelli Nadir around +5, although I don’t have enough information substantiating that... I’m sure?
    Is the Nadir same/similar time in AM and PM?

5. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Not necessarily. They can be different and they can change as well.

Now that Nelli is seeing some blue, you’ll want to hold this 4.5u dose at least ten cycles unless she earns a reduction (in that event, you’ll want to reduce by 0.25u) or if she bounces, clears the bounce, and does not come back down to some blue or green numbers.

6. Krystina & Nelli

Thanks Marje...
    I have a couple of questions I’d like to ask you but will not be home for another 30 minutes or so to write & send them off. Tell you what I will have the questions sent to you by 7 PM at the latest :), thanks!

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  7. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Hi Krystina! Looks like Ms. Nelli is coming down from the rafters...nice and slow like...but her numbers are looking better...glad to see you're making excellent progress with your posts and getting help/suggestions :) So wonderful to see you both here on the forum. :bighug::bighug:

Krystina & Nelli likes this.
  8. Krystina & Nelli

Thank you Sue. I need to clean up my act a little bit more and a bit quicker! I have so many things going on in my life that are pulling me.
    Nelli is, if only a fraction above working very long hours trying to grow my business and staying in check with myself... my number one priority in life. Period.
    My best friend, my rock, my little buddy. This whole tragic steroid injection which happened almost one year ago today has totally thrown both of us out of control.
    I appreciate and value tremendously the potential wisdom and support I surfed into here, FDMB, while frantically trying to understand FD, learn self managing...​
    There is not one (truly, I know this) Vet in my county who has a clue how to properly treat, etc FD.
    Oh yes, we do have Blue Pearl of Southwest Florida ER— how lest I forget? Why they hit a mark with Rx Lantus!?
    and they also recommended I see their Internist...
    BTW, Blue Pearl ER Vet hospital are seriously,... well let me stop here and simply say g.r.o.s.s

I appreciate your patience and support to Nelli and I.

I will be bac on board in bout an hour!

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  9. Sue and Luci

I hear ya...couldn't agree more. I had a much better experience with the vet in Bonita Springs, FL than the one here in South Lyon, MI...Sheesh the one here in Michigan said 'if it was my cat, I'd put her down'...so much for his wisdom...I pressed and he gave me an Rx for Novalin - which I never used...just wasted my $$ there...I waited until later on and saw a vet in Bonita Springs who was much better - gave me an Rx for Lantus - and so we began our journey...he of course thought I should come back in for a 'curve' and maybe a fructosamine test - all of which was pointless after I started working with others here on this board...with their guidance I was able to test Luci, figure out her nadirs and here we are today. Luci is doing quite well - although she's not there yet - but she's healthy and happy and makes my day - so you might run across a half way decent vet - but as far as I'm concerned there aren't any who know as much about FD as the collective wisdom of the experts here on this board.

You guys are making great progress...good to see you getting the tests...posting on your SS - it's an excellent tool that you'll be able to look back on and see how far you've come as well. Best to you both on this lovely Sunday evening!

Krystina & Nelli likes this.
  10. Krystina & Nelli

@Sue and Luci
    Sue, I am perusing thru past condo. I hit this one from you :).
    First off... “Luci is doing quite well but is not there yet” (8/26).
    Fast furrrrwaaard!
    She’s there :bighug::otj::bighug:!!!
    Thank you for all of you kind words throughout- your interest, wisdom and, attention to Nelli and I.
    Today y, I am paying better attention more often- trying to be a more (& reciprocal), valuable member on FDMB :).
    Thanks again. Nelli and I appreciate you ;):kiss::cat:.

11. Sue and Luci

? Not sure about your response here...Luci just got another dose increase tonight... :) No worries though...you're doing your best...just try to focus on Nelli :) Sending hugs your way...:bighug: