8/27 Doodles AMPS 26 (NS) PMPS 305 +4 364 +8.5 298

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Doodles & Karen, Aug 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Doodles 8/26 After surfing low but nicely I gave him some MC @ PM +9.5 and got a AMPS of 26 this morning. Lots of gravy and honey plus MC. Will test again shortly.

2. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Holy moly!!!! What are you doing Doodles?!:eek:

jayla-n-Drevon likes this.
  3. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh no Karen Lots of vines for you and Doodles today

4. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Up Doodles Up. Right. Now. !

5. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Yowser! Doodles what are you doing?? That's a lot of depot in play. Do you have help with him today, so maybe you can get some rest, enough supplies including chocolate? You might be in for a long day.

6. Doodles & Karen

He was starving. Gave him a packet of 22% grave with almost a tbsp. honey then some MC. AMPS was PM+11:45...stupid me for not getting up for the +10 alarm.

7. Doodles & Karen

Help how? Didn't have help last night :( Yes, I have all the supplies in the world and will eventually sleep. :arghh::arghh:

Gave more gravy only at the 50 reading too.

8. Mandarin'sMom

Mandarin'sMom Well-Known Member

Yikes - Doodles, are you trying to kill your poor bean??? If you want extra gravy, numbers in the 40s are good enough. No need to drop into the 20s... EVER...

Sending lots of vines and :bighug::bighug::bighug:

9. Doodles & Karen

Was planning to reduce to 6.25u this morning anyway because he was too low for my comfort but now I'm reducing to 6u at PMPS...NS today.

10. Olive & Paula

Husband, neighbor, mom. Someone near by if only to keep feeding so you can get some rest. Wish I was closer for you.

Doodles & Karen likes this.
  11. Chrys & Stomper

Chrys & Stomper Well-Known Member

Now that is a scary way to wake up! Holy moly Doodles! I still remember the day Stomper gave me a 20 so I can totally understand what you must have been feeling when you saw that! Huge hugs Karen :bighug:

12. Olive & Paula

Guess the antibodies have died!

13. Doodles & Karen

I fell asleep from just after +9 to AMPS even having an alarm set at +10..slept right through the darn thing. Doodles won't eat for anyone...I'll be alright just mortified for falling asleep.

14. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

Doodles really???
    this boy!!!!!
    sending good vibes to you both!!:bighug:

15. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I nearly fainted when I saw this! I'm hoping that means the antibodies will start to realize they will lose and give up. I know we have thought so before only to find out otherwise but those 20's! I freak with 30's. He's like Max with eating. He won't even eat for your husband or won't he get up at those crazy hours? I sure hope that you can get some sleep today, Karen. Vines and prayers.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

16. Doodles & Karen

I feel like vomiting. It's my fault for sleeping through the PM +10 alarm.

He won't eat for anyone but me. I've had DH but his bowl of food down and Doodles just sat there staring, mewing at me. I sent DH to bed, he was of no use to me last night. :rolleyes: I'll get sleep in a few hours. Basically fed Doodles a whole blow of HC gravy, honey and MC food...wasn't messing around.

Carol & Murphy (GA) likes this.
  17. Gussie's mom (GA)

Gussie's mom (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Karen I'm so sorry that happened..I would have been no use if I had an AMPS shock like that, I'd be passed out cold on the floor or in the car to the ER, a toss up of which one, vet or human..
    I'm really impressed you handled those numbers and are still typing! I hope you get some good rest, you have had a really long stretch where you haven't. Too many scares in one week Doodles! Give your mama Bean a recoup break! Whisper in his ear that if he wants you and only you yo give him his fuds, he'd better take it easier on you so you don't end up at the human vet!

18. tiffmaxee

Karen, you have got to be exhausted. Don't be hard on yourself for sleeping through the alarm. If you get sick who will take care of Doodles and you then? Did he act okay the whole time except for just being hungry? I'd be thinking about even a smaller one time dose tonight depending where he is tonight. You are really good at dosing him so I know you will figure it out. Wish I could help.:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

19. Olive & Paula

He won't graze even if you leave it out, and his body is telling him 'i must eat"?

Need 2 alarms set across the room.

20. Doodles & Karen

He did but heard shallow crackling breathing. Think I'm going to have a nervous break-down. He's sleeping now.

21. Doodles & Karen

Definitely need 2 alarms or something. I closed my eyes for a "minute but did have alarms set "just in case" I'm going to have to work on the food thing. If I left food out it would have to be dry...no way he'd eat wet. There is food out all the time for civie Moo on the coffee table and he knows it's there. He's jumped up there before , sniffed and walked away. Moo has YAZC out and wet at all times.

22. Olive & Paula

Try an ice cube in the wet. Keep trying what doesn't work today, might work tomorrow.

Osha, tiffmaxee and Doodles & Karen like this.
  23. Olive & Paula

Well now that's carbing him up alright. Now get some sleep.

tiffmaxee likes this.
  24. Doodles & Karen

I wasn't messing around with a tsp of this or that in the 20's. It'll be a few hours before I sleep but soon :bighug::bighug:

25. Doodles & Karen

He's going to bounce to the moon too.

26. Madrona and Leda (GA)

Madrona and Leda (GA) Well-Known Member

Goodness gracious Doodles! So glad he came up for you, and it doesn't look like too much of a bounce. What you do is amazing Karen, hope you get a good nap today :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Gussie's mom (GA) likes this.
  27. Doodles & Karen

173 @ +16. I'm feeding him and then going to sleep. DH is up to watch him now.

Osha likes this.
  28. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

Dang Doodles!! Karen, I am so glad that you got him up!!!

29. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

You did good. Sleep.

30. DebG

DebG Well-Known Member

Wow Doodles is on a mission..... surf safe in the shallow greens not the deep end!!!!:D
    Karen nice work:):bighug:

31. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Doodles came up for you. That had to be a shock. Don't be hard on yourself for sleeping through the alram. You needed the rest and Doodles is okay. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

32. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

Oh, gee. What a night. Hope you are sleeping now. Hey, getting up for a +10? After no sleep? Of course you didn't-you tend to enjoy being alive, right?

Here's how tired I was - I set my alarm for +9, apparently dreamed that I got up and took the measurement, and this morning at 10am looked frantically for that +9 measurement, so sure was I that I had taken it. But I hadn't.

I got lucky. You did not. But you can only push your body to a certain point, after which it takes over and forces you into sleep. Not a damned thing you can do about it.

33. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Karen, all I can say is :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

34. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

Yikes. Those antibodies are sure making this dance more like a flamenco than a waltz. Doodles. Take it easy. Make it smooth. Let your bean get some sleep.

Karen, I'm sure we've all slept through alarms with much less cause. (Heck, I found my alarm under the pillow this morning. No clue!)

Sending :bighug:

Marilyn and Polly

Kathy and TiTi likes this.
  35. Julie and Eleanor (GA)

Julie and Eleanor (GA) Well-Known Member

How scary, sorry this happened. Try multiple alarms. Do you have a TV you can set to turn on at a specific time? For quite awhile setting my TV to turn on at full volume, preferably to a Western movie or series - something with shouting etc was the only thing guaranteed to wake me, now I sleep through that too.

:bighug:

36. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

I hope you're getting some sleep now that Doodles is surfing the blues! My goodness what a scare you had this morning! With an AMPS like that you sure don't need coffee to wake you up!
    Want me to send Boomer to you; he's as good as any alarm clock :rolleyes:

37. Olive & Paula

He is coasting this. Depot is keeping it down.

38. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

I thought you had done a typo on the thread title! Yikes Doodles...... if you don't like the dose, could you make your point less dramatically! Any symptoms??

39. Cheryl8

Cheryl8 Member

Wow, that is a scary sight. Sending you good vibes for Doodles and for you to get some rest.

40. Doodles & Karen

Doodles did not have any symptoms other than rather limp until I put food in front of him. BTW, I asked DH to feed his snack at what would've been +18. He wouldn't eat a drop and went under the bed after sleeping on the couch with DH most of the day. As soon as I got up from my nap...he gladly ate with me, tail in air.

41. Carol & Murphy (GA)

cuz he loves his Moma but it is also is a pain as far as task sharing Was he always totally devoted to only you, Karen?

42. Doodles & Karen

Pretty much. We free fed him dry of course before dx. When I got him as a rescue DH was shipped off for 8 weeks of bomb school training so while Doodles "talks" to him etc. he's been at my side since the beginning. After doing the timed meals at dx he won't eat without me sitting with him even if I put food out.

43. Carol & Murphy (GA)

that is so sweet. Karen, we are all worried about you - hoping you get a decent sleep in tonight. And Doodles stays in blue.

44. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Yikes! An AMBG of 27 will prevent the need for coffee. Glad he's coming up and you laid down.

He's definitely done with this dose!

45. Doodles & Karen

Would you drop him to 6u or 6.25?

46. Doodles & Karen

Thank you. I'll be fine. Doodles will be red or black by tonight most likely but he'll come back down :bighug:

47. Marje and Gracie

How did I know you were going to ask me that haha?

He's definitely been looking better on 6.5u until now but he was still bouncy and he looked :arghh: on 6u so I might try 6.25u since you are there and you test a lot. What's your gut tell you?

48. Doodles & Karen

LOl of course I'm going to ask you. Only you and Wendy are able to help with dosing advise....;) My nerves tell me 6u but my brain logically says 6.25.

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  49. Doodles & Karen

50. Marje and Gracie

Well I understand the nerves with the IAA in the background. If it weren't for that, I'd really "argue" ;) for 6.25u but I worry that 6u might stall him. But....you never know with the Doodlebug.

Certainly if it was a CG that wasn't there and couldn't test like you do, I would definitely suggest 6u.

51. Peg and Toby

Peg and Toby Well-Known Member

Wow just checking in on you and Doodles. He's really taking you for a ride. I hope you will be able to sleep tonight.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

52. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I have been surprised by 20's before. They sort of sneak up on you. :mad: I hate that.

IAA likes green and seems to back off if seeing lots of green. It would be nice to keep the petal to the metal, so to speak. Which would be 6.25 units. But I can also see an argument for Karen needing to recover to take care of Doodles, which would be 6.0. I am personally a fan of sleep and have reduced to get sleep, so whatever way works for you, makes sense to me.

53. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Whew! I'm tired just reading this! Karen, I hope you'll get some sleep tonight.
    Congrats on the reducie, Doodles. Now, be nice to your mamabean!

54. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

55. Doodles & Karen

I brought out the old school alarm that will wake the dead. Thanks everyone.

56. Doodles & Karen

Tested the alarm and pretty sure Doodles had a mini heart attack. He's still hiding and it's been 1/2 hour...that's not going to work:banghead:

57. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Had a cartoon image of this moment and spewed my G&T all over my work.

58. Gussie's mom (GA)

Gussie's mom (GA) Well-Known Member

Had same reaction as Red! Hoping this is a far less stressful nite for you after a day like you've had today...:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

59. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

nooooooo.

Well, Isn't it best just to do something drastic, so that you can get some sleep for say, mm, the next few day?

I mean this is really a big fat message from your body to you. The next message might be you getting good and sick. And that's a rotten way to get the message.

60. tiffmaxee

I hope Doodles clears the bounce but nit too quickly. I sure hope you got several hours of sleep today. Do you use your phone alarm? Mine wakes me every time.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

61. Olive & Paula

Poor Doodles. I see him jumping straight in the air with the sound of that clock. I usually turn off the alarm and when I don't get right away Smokey is hitting me and Tux is nipping me.

62. Carol & Murphy (GA)

I don't need an alarm - Murphy hits and hits me every morning until I get up (it's really cute)
    that must be some alarm clock

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.