8-28-18 Jones AMPS 272, +6 119, +7 110, PMPS 155

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tracey&Jones (GA), Aug 28, 2018.

1. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Dose increase on board. He is stalling out and I want to see him below 200. He has enough drugs going through the kidneys don't need to add to the load.

He looks better overall. Groomed more and I think there maybe a bit of weight gain.

He was all cuddly last night as it was cool in the house. DH turned down the heat. Brrr.

He had a better poop. Two good logs topped by some gooey mess. His body is trying. The problem is he is refusing to use the litter box. He has picked a new corner so I put a clean LB in the area with fresh litter.
    Will be looking for some new bigger ones and spread them out.

Manu & Porto likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck with the dosecrease. Glad he is looking better and was cuddly. I can't imagine having the heat on right now. We are in the 90sF and it feels like the 100sF.

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  3. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Good luck with doscrease:bighug:

4. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

Best of luck with the doscrease! I'm so glad he's been doing better. I hope he gets back to using the litterbox for you!

5. Tracey&Jones (GA)

We are getting to 3-5 degrees overnight (37 to 41F). It is getting the fall feeling already. Leaves are turning and dropping. Geese are gathering. Farmers have started harvesting already. Winter is going to be early this year!

6. Tracey&Jones (GA)

You and me both! DH is still pushing for PTS...I have another 2 months to get things working out right.

7. Tracey&Jones (GA)

@Manu & Porto

I actually increased today, just wanted to see a couple more cycles to make sure.

Manu & Porto likes this.
  8. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Work the increase Jones.

Guess I'm lucky in DH department with all this. When I took Smokey from parents he had all the bad LB habits. It took 7 months to figure out what worked. Even then after awhile Smokey would only poo on puppy pads. So I lined a dog litter box with the pads. He would not wet or poo in the same box. And would not use them if the previous wasn't scooped out already. DH never once mentioned PTS (at least not out loud to me).

9. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Thank you for the idea! Are these just the regular puppy pads you used? It is like he likes cloth but I don't understand why. He will go a couple of times in the LB's and then goes outside a couple of times.

Always pees in the LB though. The only issue I had was when he was first dx FD in that regard.

10. Tracey&Jones (GA)

OK, so now what? I guess I should of waited a couple more! Since that .5 shouldn't of had much of an impact, I am going back to .25 tonight and see what happens after he is done bouncing.

11. Beck and Philly

Beck and Philly Well-Known Member

I have a rescue cat here who won't use a LB but will go just in front of it. I put pee pads under the front edge of the box so it covers some of the floor. He does his business on the pads.

12. Olive & Paula

I got them at Petsmart (don't remember the brand) regular disposable x-large in box of 150 ct. On sale they would be $65-70.

I use these now under the boxes. From chewy. They seem to be better made, quilted more absorbent (occasionally one kitty will go on it), holds up well.

https://www.chewy.com/frisco-extra-large-training-potty/dp/117275

13. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

He is giving you lots of excitement to get DH talking about something else!!! :eek:

14. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

I got spoiled when Costco had a recall a few months ago and I used these instead. They are very nice - well made and in the handy box of 150. However, Rose has made it clear that LBs are only for those cats who want to use them. Even if I pick her up and put her in the LB, she would rather jump out and use a pad. :rolleyes: Therefore, we are a "high volume" household and I am back at Costco for the box of 100 and a regular basis.

If he likes fabric, I would suggest the washable pads. These are very good for wetness, and I often use them under a disposable pad just to be safe. If Jones is only putting solid items outside of the box, a regular washable rug may be easier. These pads have a rubber component to avoid moisture leakage - as a result I air dry them. The instructions say they can be put in the dryer, but I think they last longer if they are air dried. Yes... I do at least 1 load every day.

15. Tracey&Jones (GA)

OK...false alarm....DH had the numbers wrong...6.2 vs 2.6 - :nailbiting: That is better...wow... ok... heart still beating...

@Carol in Chicago - I don't want him to go on the rugs...I am afraid he would go on any one any time...that is not going to help with the DH and PTS discussions. However I like that washable pad idea. Would you suggest just putting it down or putting it into a litter pan?

Manu & Porto likes this.
  16. Olive & Paula

If you go the washable pad route, try medical supply stores, they probably cheaper. I didn't because the amount I went through would mean buying a lot which was expensive and doing multiple loads of laundry in a day. I didn't want that or the soiled in my washer.

17. Tracey&Jones (GA)

That is a good point...plus I don't want to encourage the others...I wonder if I pick up a small pack the regular ones and put them in the spots he is going or even put it in the LB if that would work.....

18. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

I would just put it down - in a favorite spot that has been "targeted" recently. ;)

Early on, I purchased a kennel liner tray - with the idea that I would put a pee pad on top of it. The point is that sometimes the disposable pads leak and I thought the rigid plastic would catch any leakage. It didn't work in my case because Rose has turned this tray into her favorite bed. I line it with a towel and she loves to sleep there. :rolleyes:

I mention it so you can maybe avoid some of the trail and error I went through. So... if you want a tray, something like this might work. Of course, that is a boring internet product photo, so I have included one that is much more personal with a well known model to show you how it can be enjoyed. :D

tray.jpg

19. Tracey&Jones (GA)

:smuggrin::D Thanks Carol. Rosie makes a lovely model!

20. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Puppy pads. Just sayin.. :smuggrin: 50ea - 30" x 28" for $17

Gizmo goes poo outside the box more than inside it. This is nothing new with him. He has done it since he was a kitten. Luckily he has pretty solid poo's so they just scoop up. But I have these jic.

ETA-guess I should have read all the way through before I posted. It had already been covered :banghead::bighug:

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  21. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

22. Catacular

Catacular Member

I'm not sure this will help, but it might not hurt to try switching litter (if you haven't already). We switched many years ago to Dr. Elsey's Cat Attract, and it fixed our kitty's LB problem permanently. Subsequent generation of kitties seem to like it as well.
    There's really nothing special about Cat Attract other than some sort of cat attracting smell that I cannot detect. Also, there's a little book of coupons stuck to every box; pull it off to find a $1 off coupon.

23. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Now I got all the numbers right. Sometimes DH's dyslexia makes for some interesting times! He did well today. Not too hungry tonight at shot time but of course DH gave him extra food as I thought he was lime green!

Manu & Porto likes this.
  24. Manu & Porto

Manu & Porto Member

I am glad to read JonesĀ“s poo was better. Before the budesonide Porto used to do the same, one part was nice and hard and the other, gooey.
    My sisters cat used to pee on the sofa or bed, she did it for years. I suggested she should changed the litter type and it worked, she used silicat and switched to bentonite. But this was a different situation, I dont think it would work for Jones. I hope the pads work! And the increase as well! :bighug: