? 8/28 Nelli AMPS 298 +3 215 +6 183 TR testing multiple X’s- total 10 times-am/pm, +3, +6, +9?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Krystina & Nelli, Aug 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krystina & Nelli

Krystina & Nelli Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  2. Krystina & Nelli

Nelli seems to be feeling much better this morning! It is 12:15, she’s been up since six this morning and, is still up and awake :cat:. This is the ole Nelli :bighug:.
    The only thing that she is (still) struggling with is weakness in the limbs, neuropathy.
    I am getting ready to test +6.

3. Krystina & Nelli

In sticky TR protocal I am uncertain, based upon this statement below, whether I should keep Nelli where she is, at 4.25 thru 10 cycles... see if she shows less than 200 nadir tomorrow and/or what to do regarding dose now/next.
    We “thanks” you a million for your advice :cat::bighug:
    • if your cat is new to numbers under 200, it is recommended to hold the dose for at least 8-10 cycles before increasing.

4. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

It is great to see that she is feeling great. We always say the cat is more than their numbers, but it must also be so nice to see the great progress in the spreadsheet!

In my opinion, I would hold a couple of extra cycles because it she is getting used to new lower numbers. The recommendation to hold 8-10 cycles is to allow their bodies time to adjust to these new lower numbers. With the testing you are doing and the data you have, you are doing great to get the full picture. Next objective is to banish the pinks and see lots more blue.

As she begins to spend more time at numbers < 300, methylcobalamine should be an option for neuropathy. :cat:

5. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

As I suspected and posted last night, she’s clearing a bounce today. I’d wait and see how low she goes today as she continues to clear the bounce. If it were me, I’d hold the dose through tonight, unless she goes below 50, to give her 8 cycles. If she only comes down to midblue during today and tonight, I would suggest increasing the dose to 4.75u in the morning. If she comes down to lower blue (120 or lower), I’d give her a couple more cycles at the current dose just to see if it can bring her numbers down just a bit more.

I’m not really sure what you mean as it doesn’t matter where the BG is for a cat to receive methylcobalamin if it has neuropathy. Nelli is already taking Zobaline to help with her neuropathy so we will hope that between it and improved BGs, she starts to regain her strength; which is what I think you might have been saying :):)

6. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

Yes - I agree anyone can give methylcobalamin, but from what I have read it won't have much of an impact until BG somewhat controlled (i.e. < 300). Many folks start it right away at DX and then think it isn't working because BG is too high initially. Thanks for mentioning that she is already taking zobaline - sorry I didn't know that and saw several comments about neuropathy in the SS.

7. Marje and Gracie

Interesting. If it were my cat, I’d start it no matter how high the BG. Yes, the BG needs to come down as well but there is absolutely no harm, and lots of good, by giving extra support early on.

Krystina & Nelli likes this.
  8. Krystina & Nelli

I’m sorry I cut and pasted wrong info. I am really having a tough, tough time right now in my life in many areas. I greatly appreciate everyone’s help to Nelli and I from this group.
    This is the correct one- I meant to paste:
    • if your cat is new to numbers under 200, it is recommended to hold the dose for at least 8-10 cycles before increasing.

9. Marje and Gracie

Here is what I wrote in post 5 above which should give you some suggestions for today and tomorrow morning:

Because so many postings can happen quickly, I always suggest you scan all the way back through them to make sure if you’ve seen all the suggestions. You’d be amazed at how they can stack up and you don’t even realize it :):):):)

10. Krystina & Nelli

@Marje and Gracie, I apologize, I thought that we spoke about it. My giving her an organic methyl b-12 from health food store instead of Zobaline :confused:.
    Thanks for the dosing advice. I felt like I should not increase just yet.
    Just now took a +8.5 280 :confused:
    thank you very much Carol, I appreciate your interest in Nelli :cat: :)

11. Krystina & Nelli

Thanks Marje!
    I “missed” one from Carol... until you alerted me o_O.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.