8/28 Rosie AMPS 138 +4 66

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Carol in Chicago, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

Rose has been doing well. I did make an increase because I'm starting to feel a bit greedy about green. :D

Just when I thought everything was going fine, I ran out of a medication she takes 2x / day. I ordered it from the vet office, but there was a mix up and it has been delayed in being filled. Since she struggles with constipation she gets lactulose twice a day. I ran out on Sunday and gave only a partial dose. I'll run over to the vet today and either get the bottle I ordered or borrow some of their supply on hand to get by for a couple of days. This is not the kind of thing that can go for days without attention or the problem gets "harder" to fix. :woot:

I am very worried about some of our kitties and beans. I wish there was more I could do, but I don't have experience with all of these aliments and sometimes don't know what to say or do to help. Vines, hope and prayer don't seem to be enough, but I will keep trying.

Previous.

2. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice numbers there.......hopefully you got the poop release in on time LOL

Carol in Chicago likes this.
  3. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

I stopped getting Lactulose locally and use allivet which is half of what CVS was charging me. Order 4 and get free shipping and they give a $5 discount for first orders. 4 bottles cost $55 total. CVS was charging me $25/bottle. They took care of calling the vet to get script too so it was easy peasy.... Here is a link: http://www.allivet.com/p-5436-lactulose-10-gm-15-ml-pint-473-ml.aspx

4. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Carol :bighug:You were one of the first people to welcome me, and I've never forgotten. We all try and help where and when we can, I wish I had more poop experience...wait, that didn't sound right :p , but hope Rosie gets back to her routine. I started noticing better numbers after Mav pooped, so you helped me there by sharing your experiences with Rosie ;). You just never know who and how you help, that's the beauty of this forum.

Lovely +4, keep on paddling around the lagoon, Rosie, you're looking marvellous darling :D

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck with the new dose. I hope you got what you needed from the vet to get by until you get the meds refilled.

6. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

Thanks for the link. This is so good to know because I did get my 1 bottle today, but it was almost $30, so if I can get 4 for $55, I'm in!

Thanks!!!

7. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

Thank you Christie for taking the time to write such a nice note. I have been so sad for all the difficulties our kitties and beans are having, I needed a "good" cry. :bighug:

8. Joanne&TinySole

Joanne&TinySole Well-Known Member

The beautiful thing about this forum is all the helpful, caring people...never a hesitation to reach out to someone in need. A really special group.