8/28 Tiny Sole: AMPS 209, +5 232, +9 231, PMPS 184, +2 155, +3 156

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Joanne&TinySole, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Joanne&TinySole

Joanne&TinySole Well-Known Member

Condo: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/8-27-tiny-sole-how-far-can-cats-bounce-up.201745/

AMPS: 209
    1.75 U of Lantus given...I hope...
    ...at dosing, I pulled the syringe out of the needle cover and a tiny drop of insulin spewed out.
    I was ready to shoot, so quickly eyeballed the dose and it looked like it was still between 1.50 and 1.75, so she was dosed at 1.75...I hope, but I now doubt.

Next time that happens, I'll stop and reload the insulin.
    Oy. If it isn't one thing...

Off to work soon.
    I'll try to get a +6 on her.

Good day all!

Manu & Porto likes this.
  2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

That happens to us all I think. :joyful:

Joanne&TinySole likes this.
  3. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

It happens.

4. Joanne&TinySole

+5 at 12:30 PM was 232
    +9 at 4:30 PM was 231
    Holding pretty steady.

5. Joanne&TinySole

PMPS 184 at 7:30 PM
    I will dose with 1.75 U of Lantus.

Interesting that she's going lower on the second cycle and not waiting for the third cycle! :)

Stay tuned! I'll get a +2 and a +4 on her to see if I'll be able to get some sleep tonight.
    Sure wish I'd have been able to get sleep last night as I had hoped, but no such luck.

I'll report back later.

6. Joanne&TinySole

PM +2 is 155.

I gave her a little wet FF and I'll test her at +3 to see where she's headed.

Feel free to tell me something I need to know! :bookworm:

7. tiffmaxee

You are doing exactly what I would do.

8. Joanne&TinySole

Thanks, Elise for looking in on us and offering some reassurance.
    PM +3 is 156, only up one point from last hour, and after a small snack.

Do you think I should do a +4 and/or a +5, or wait to do a +6?

9. Joanne&TinySole

@tiffmaxee by the way, what type or brand of 100% protein treats do you give Max?

10. tiffmaxee

I would do a +6. I saw that Wendy felt you should have tested more last night. That’s a judgement call. I should have suggested you leave out a little food but since he has access to dry that’s all you need.

I gave Max freeze dried chicken and turkey. I actually got human cans from Honey Hills Farm when I was testing a lot. Pure Bites makes freeze dried treats. My two year olds get raw Small Batch.

11. Joanne&TinySole

I missed Wendy's comment...was that today or yesterday?
    I guess I don't understand enough to understand when I should be testing and when it's ok to sleep.
    I thought that since Tiny's numbers were pretty good...in the yellow...that it was ok to try to rest.

I'm still learning and so tired half the time that I'm not even sure how I'm supposed to be reacting to her numbers just yet.
    I thought that she was safe in the yellow, no? Or was it just that I was supposed to be collecting more data?

Oy. Well, I'll be testing her in about 9 minutes, so we'll see how that goes.
    The Young Again Zero kibble stays out for all, including Tiny Sole, but I typically leave out bowls of moist food too, hoping that she'll go for the moist food when I'm sleeping.

I'll report back at the +4.
    Thanks for checking in again.

12. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Figuring out your own cat's patterns is the hardest part. And just when you think you've got it, they go and change things up on you, just to keep the excitement :p. To me, tonight's cycle Sole came down a bit by +2, then you're seeing a nice surf, basically the same number at +3. When I see surfs like that with my kitty, depending on how low we are, I might test once more before bed, but every hour isn't necessary IMHO. You're in a mid-blue on an AT2, which is actually really great, but I suspect there won't be much more downward in this cycle.

13. Joanne&TinySole

+4 175 at 11:30 PM EST

I think I'll try to get a couple of hours of sleep and then test at +6 / 1:30 AM to see where she is.
    I'll update the SS again after the +6.

Manu & Porto likes this.
  14. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

I don't see where she really recommended you test more

I would have done exactly what you did last night.....286 left a long way to fall before you'd be in any trouble.

I wonder if she was talking about the "+2 rules"?

If the +2 is lower than the PS (by more than just the variance), it's a good idea to plan on getting at least 1 more test in before calling it a night....with the drop last night from PMPS of 346 to 286, that's a fairly significant drop, so it might have been a good idea to grab a +4 or +5 and then call it a night instead of doing the +8.....just to make sure she was done dropping that quickly.

ETA: Tonight, I think you'd be fine going ahead and getting some sleep....she's staying pretty darn flat in perfectly safe numbers

15. Joanne&TinySole

Wait...are you saying I can sleep?! For reals?! @Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick likes this.
  16. Chris & China (GA)

If she isn't, I am!!

Get some sleep!!!

17. Joanne&TinySole

Gotcha. With every dose of information I'm being fed, it begins to make more sense. I'm still learning and need to understand more, so I'm getting the jest about that +2 number. I'm reading and rereading threads to help myself understand whatever I can absorb.

Ok, so would you recommend that I do a +7 or +8 tonight @Chris & China ?

18. Joanne&TinySole

:bighug::bighug::bighug: Thank you! Will do! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

19. Chris & China (GA)

I think you should get some sleep and not worry about getting another test in tonight

If you happen to be up, that's one thing...grab a test if you feel like it....but I wouldn't set an alarm or anything

20. Christie & Maverick

21. Joanne&TinySole

OMG...thank heavens! I'm pooped!

22. Joanne&TinySole

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

23. Christie & Maverick

Tomorrow, I'll tell you about how I like the +3 better than the +2, but that's because every cat is different, +2 worked for a little while, then not so much :rolleyes:

24. Joanne&TinySole

Yay! ❤ Looking forward to It! G'night all!
    XOXO

25. tiffmaxee

Just to clarify, the night before last I said with your +2 of 286 I would skip a +8. Wendy and Sienne, mentioned their cats might drop to 50 after that and if you went to bed to leave out food which sounded to me like they felt another test might be warranted. I wouldn’t have tested Ed again unless a +4 but should have said to leave out food. Since you always do that it really didn’t matter.