8/29 DAVIDSON PMPS 120, +2-109, +4-64,m +5-65, +6-63 , +10.25-109

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Shawna & Davidson (GA), Aug 29, 2018.

1. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Nice start!

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

4. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Ah poor Davidson! I was reading your thread from yesterday. Gosh, it's so hard to juggle the meds and the supplements when one help one thing and the other one does something counter productive. :rolleyes: sigh.

Have you tried the SEB/ AVJ balls? I am doing them routine with Forrest now prior to eating. He lets me put it on the roof of his mouth and then he just swallows it and then will eat his food. The SEB/AVJ balls are great for nausea. Caroline from FoodFurLife says to give it to them about 1/2 hour before you feed. However, mine is more like 5 mins before eating.

5. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

6. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

@Bobbie And Bubba ..........Davidson isn't on any meds which IMO are prescribed. Unless the insulin is considered a med, then I guess he's on meds, LOL. Tonight I'll just give him his food as he's loosing weight from not eating and even with the bit of Renal K+ to increase his pot. levels it's enough to make him nauseous.

Never heard of the SEB/AVJ balls and if you can provide the full name then I will look it up. He needs his pot levels to increase but if he won't eat and is nauseous all day then that's not good either............Hmmm??

7. Bobbie And Bubba

It's 1/4 tsp of SEB mixed with 1/2 of a tsp of George's Aloe Vera Juice ( AVJ) I put it in a tiny container and stir it together. It will stir up into a sticky ball. Then just put it on the roof of the mouth and it helps with nausea and the gut gets all the good stuff too. It's daily at my house.

For Bubba, I can't put it on the roof of his mouth or I wouldn't be typing right now :rolleyes: I do the above and then I thin out the ball with 1 tbsp. of warm water and make it into a gravy and add it to his food. I do this twice a day. Of course with SEB you need it to be giving an hour or two away from medications or other supplements as it can interfere with absorption.

MyTitan (GA) and Olive & Paula like this.
  8. Bobbie And Bubba

See Olive's post where I posted the how too for the Slippery Elm Bark (SEB) and Aloe Vera Juice (AVJ) Balls

9. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Okay, thanks.......does this affect the BG numbers? Never put anything into their mouths, lol - even pills get put in their food or pill pocket. The problem is that Davidson won't eat his food with the mixed supplements, so it's difficult to tell how much he's getting. I'm trying 1/4 can of food with 1/4 of the dosage or less of the supps. mixed with crushed treats on top. Then give him the other "clean" food....... I'll search it out and go from there.

His walking is inconsistent and have to fix that, but running out of causes.

10. Bobbie And Bubba

No , the SEB does not effect the BG's at all.

11. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

A bit bouncy today that could have been due to the hypo 48 yesterday? See how he does tonight, I'm not giving him the supplements as he's constipated from them (no poop in 3 days) and I'll give him some Restoralx that Harley gets.........let his tummy have a rest from the nausea.

12. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Finally after almost 3.5 days Davidson had a BIG Guy Poop! Yeah, it was dark so you know it was in there for a while. Mind you, he's not eating the same amt. of food since the supps went in, but at least he eats about 1.5 cans per day, and a bunch of freeze dried chicken treats. Gave him a wee bit of the Renal K+ in second feeding, hates it!!

His BG's are into the blues a bit too much for my liking again, so maybe I have to fatten the dose a bit, but he's already had 2 hypo days this week - so leave it a day or so longer on this dose.